Injen Super SES Catback Exhaust - My Take (with video)

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a look at Injen's Cat-Back Exhaust on my 1.5T:

3/5/16
Look what FedEx just dropped off :D
Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Super SES Catback Exhaust - My Take (with video) 20160305_145735_zpsfuznhwrm

Getting it installed monday or tuesday. Will do a before and after video and i'll give my take on quality/performance.

3/7/16
Getting it installed today, can't wait!
Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Super SES Catback Exhaust - My Take (with video) 20160307_101430_zpsejrz6k4

My thoughts on quality:

This exhaust has a very nice sound, not tinny or cheap at all. I had a reputable muffler shop install this for me, and they said the fitment was perfect, no issues with bad welds or anything. One thing they did say however, is that it only came with 2 of the 3 gaskets needed to install, so that's something to keep in mind.

My impressions on performance:

The exhaust now feels like all of the restriction was removed that was holding the car back. The throttle response is better and the turbo feels like it spools quicker. This upgrade is definitely worth the money and a great start to increasing performance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking forward to your perspective...and don't mind the haters...do what you like to your car!
I don't mind the haters! Everyone has their own tastes, and is entitled to their own opinion.

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
If you have a scale could you weigh the OEM exhaust vs. the Injen?

OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have a scale could you weigh the OEM exhaust vs. the Injen?
We already know the weight of the injen exhaust, I believe the entire thing is 41 pounds(sourced from procivic's website). So someone just needs to weigh the stock exhaust. In my opinion, just weigh the second muffler and there's your answer. I don't think it's going to be a huge difference.

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
We already know the weight of the injen exhaust, I believe the entire thing is 41 pounds(sourced from procivic's website). So someone just needs to weigh the stock exhaust. In my opinion, just weigh the second muffler and there's your answer. I don't think it's going to be a huge difference.
Was hoping for the same scale to confirm weights and minimize any margin of calibration error :thumbsup:

You are probably right that its a minimal difference otherwise INJEN would be using that as a marketing tool to promote not only power increase but weight savings

OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was hoping for the same scale to confirm weights and minimize any margin of calibration error :thumbsup:

You are probably right that its a minimal difference otherwise INJEN would be using that as a marketing tool to promote not only power increase but weight savings
Your exactly right lol they would use it as a marketing ploy if it was a huge savings.

LU_REIGN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T (White)
Vehicle Showcase
How much did you pay for the pipe and how much are you paying for install?

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Yea prepare for haters. I still prefer the look of my custom exhaust but you're definitely going to enjoy the sound. The 1.5t has such a great exhaust tone. Mine cost $350 total installed. That exhaust is a bit pricey for an axle back.

OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much did you pay for the pipe and how much are you paying for install?
I paid 670 total, with procivic.com's $30 off tax return sale. Install will be about $100.
Yea prepare for haters. I still prefer the look of my custom exhaust but you're definitely going to enjoy the sound. The 1.5t has such a great exhaust tone. Mine cost $350 total installed. That exhaust is a bit pricey for an axle back.
Actually this is a full Cat-Back system ;)

Last edited:

OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would, but I'd rather let a pro do it. Plus if there are any issues with fitment they can fix it.

OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Our cat is located under the turbo under the hood. The cat/catback are basically the downpipe
Exactly, the downpipe/cat is where the exhaust starts, so it replaces all of the visible pipe under the car. Check out the injen video of the exhaust, they install it.