haced

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello All,

I've recently noticed that my Injen intake is rattling when I'm driving. At first I thought it was the heat shield jiggling, but then I noticed that the intake itself touches the heatshield. THEN I noticed that the rubber piece that slips on the "U" hook of the heatshield must have fallen off so that's why my intake is now making noise.

Is there somewhere I can get a heat-resistant rubber tubing to replace the piece that fell off? Or another way to stop the intake/shield from rattling?

Thanks amigos!
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
just readjust your intake so it doesnt touch the shield.

lowes or home depot will have some kind of replacement strip for it. it doesnt have to be heat resistant since it doesnt get that hot

Last edited:

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Hello All,

I've recently noticed that my Injen intake is rattling when I'm driving. At first I thought it was the heat shield jiggling, but then I noticed that the intake itself touches the heatshield. THEN I noticed that the rubber piece that slips on the "U" hook of the heatshield must have fallen off so that's why my intake is now making noise.

Is there somewhere I can get a heat-resistant rubber tubing to replace the piece that fell off? Or another way to stop the intake/shield from rattling?

Thanks amigos!
Auto parts store will have what you need. I want to trim out the heat shield so it pressed into the hood to make a seal. Got the rubber tubing from autozone

KnuckleUpPunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hello All,

Thanks amigos!
I was curious if you ever got this resolved? I just joined this forum after buying a new Civic about a week ago. That said, I also happen to work at Injen and I'd be happy to help. PM me and we'll work something out if this hasn't already been resolved.

MACKINAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic EXT
Hello All,

Thanks amigos!
Maybe take it to the dealer, should be covered under warranty. Good luck