Infotainment software update?

SuXlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17CivicEXT
Country flag
As a short term update... its been two and a half days since i got my head unit update and it seems that it has fixed my connection issues.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply. Just realized you guys are in a 2017. I have a 2016. So I'm assuming it is a different update.

Looking over the TSB pdf, your update fixes the majority of problems I've been having. Disappointing it isn't compatible with the 2016s.

Here's a link for anyone interested.

http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/AH/A18-001/enu/A18-001.PDF
I stopped by my dealer and asked the service advisor, "Have you guys gotten a bulletin about a software update for the new Civics?" I showed this PDF to him, he looked it up, and said, "Wow, this looks pretty new. Let me see if we've got the USB key."

Turned out they didn't have it yet, so he'll put in an order and let me know when they can install the update. At least now they've got a heads up and will be ready for other owners.

Type Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Anybody know if there are any updates for the 2018s? I've had mine about a month and have already had a few problems with it. Last week I unplugged the USB from my phone and the volume got really low. Before 15 used to be a good volume for me to listen to music and now 40 sounds like 15 used to. Anyone else experience anything like this?

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag

crimson-civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNP 2017 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
Can I do this myself? I don't want to go to Honda.
The installation instructions in the TSB are straightforward, so I would think so.
I don't want to deal with Honda either. Since I have a sedan and not the hatch, it'll be a pain in the ass to try and get the service dept to do the update. So I went ahead and ordered the USB drive from Honda Parts Unlimited for about $35:
https://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/oem-parts/honda-update-audio-system-07aautgga1a0

My order ships today, so I should get it in a few days.

Spacesloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
The installation instructions in the TSB are straightforward, so I would think so.
I don't want to deal with Honda either. Since I have a sedan and not the hatch, it'll be a pain in the ass to try and get the service dept to do the update. So I went ahead and ordered the USB drive from Honda Parts Unlimited for about $35:
https://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/oem-parts/honda-update-audio-system-07aautgga1a0

My order ships today, so I should get it in a few days.
Let us know how this works out!

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag

crimson-civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNP 2017 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
Why doesn't this apply to the Si?
This is pure speculation on my part (so I could totally be wrong), but the only differences between the coupe/sedan and the hatchback that I can think of where the head-unit would be concerned, is the the speaker placement in the vehicles, and the audio slider on the steering wheel.

This software revision might only have the speaker sound-level calibration for the speakers in the hatchbacks, and possibly omit the steering wheel volume-slider functionality (no big loss on this one for me, this was more of an annoyance, than actually useful).

Otherwise, I don't know what other feature differences would result in the TSB note saying specifically that this software update wouldn't apply to the coupe/sedans.

This speculation on the speaker-level is from my wife's 2009 Scion xB. The factory stereo in that car was uniformly used across the xA, xB, and xC models. However, there was a setting in the menu to specify which car it was installed in, so it would use the matching speaker settings and calibration.

Last edited:

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
The update applies to the EX which I believe doesn’t have navigation.
Maybe it only applies to EX's and not SI's because the SI came after and it is possible that it shipped with software that fixed or included the fixes in the symptoms section. Hatches and Type-R being assembled in the UK may have received the same HU; with the affected software version. Regardless, I haven't experienced any of the specific symptoms listed in the SIB on my 2017 civic SI.

The only things I have experienced are random reboots that result in a loud bang from speakers when it randomly reboots (suspect memory leak leading to kernel crash or main process crash)

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have a listed 2018 Hatchback EX, no NAV, and the updated applied to me, so.... NAV isn't required. The dealer did it, but they were confused becuase the TSB is very clear about a BLUE USB DRIVE, but the one that arrived was YELLOW. But they tried, and it worked. :)

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Speaking of issues this happened today.

This and random reboots happen often

Sponsored