Infotainment software update?

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
I asked that one and was told it would need to be done by them. I got the impression it was a full image flash that would reset settings etc. I don’t know for sure though.
The servicing manager said he would call me when it became available. When (if) he does i’ll let you know.
Speaking as a former Ford owner, I'm very wary of software updates.

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
Thanks. Where i can upload firmware? If have link give me please. Civic 5D 2017.
Big Thanks
Any update is going to be region/locale specific (unfortunately). Your best bet will be to check with your dealer.

Speaking as a former Ford owner, I'm very wary of software updates.
It doesn’t have to be scary, I flashed my wife’s recent Mazda several times without any issues. Never done a Honda though...

Darsay

First Name
Darsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5d 2017 Hatchback
Country flag
Any update is going to be region/locale specific (unfortunately). Your best bet will be to check with your dealer.
Thanks. But i from Ukraine car from USA my dealer dont have now Civic 5D and dont know about firmware. Will be best if can upload firmware from Europe or Canada Civic 5D with celcium.

spiezer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 Touring
Country flag
I have a 2017 Touring Civic 4-door. Went into the dealership today after I saw the thread and got an update for my infotainment system. Realized after I got in that the notice was only for the 5 door Civic so I was a bit worried.

When I first went in they said they probably had no updates and that my iPhone was probably the cause of all the issues. Had to wait about 3 hours for them to do a diagnosis and they did update the radio.

I think it's working better. Had no issues from when I plugged my phone in and drove home from the dealership. (Carplay)

Prior to this, I would have to plug it twice. I would also have to remove the phone and plug it back in during some trips.

Running 11.3 beta 3. iPhone X.

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag

It doesn’t have to be scary, I flashed my wife’s recent Mazda several times without any issues. Never done a Honda though...
My Ford experience was a '13 Escape with early SYNC and MyFordTouch... which never worked as advertised from the day we bought it 'til the day we dumped it two years in. Every.Single.Time they did something to 'fix' it, something else either turned quirky or quit working altogether. I suspect we had a 'lemon' because a few hundred thousand other folks are getting along quite nicely... but I'm not over it yet. :thumbsdown:

Spacesloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I have a 2017 Touring Civic 4-door. Went into the dealership today after I saw the thread and got an update for my infotainment system. Realized after I got in that the notice was only for the 5 door Civic so I was a bit worried.

When I first went in they said they probably had no updates and that my iPhone was probably the cause of all the issues. Had to wait about 3 hours for them to do a diagnosis and they did update the radio.

I think it's working better. Had no issues from when I plugged my phone in and drove home from the dealership. (Carplay)

Prior to this, I would have to plug it twice. I would also have to remove the phone and plug it back in during some trips.

Running 11.3 beta 3. iPhone X.
Could you find the version they updated it to so we can compare it ours?

SuXlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17CivicEXT
Country flag
I've got 1.F194.30 haven't had an update bought my 17' ex-t in July.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag

SuXlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17CivicEXT
Country flag
Honda really should make the numbers public and let users update their own firmware.

Opie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic Touring, Sienna
Country flag
Last edited:

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Thanks for your response. Appreciated. That bulletin references updating up to 1.F186.69, which is what I have, so I wonder if referencing that bulletin again would get me to 1.F190.25. Welcome all thoughts on that.
Apparently they updated the to service bulletin 17-048 should try asking for that.

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
Honda really should make the numbers public and let users update their own firmware.
It looks like that’s the direction they are going (e.g. 2018 Accord):

Unfortunately, our systems aren’t able to do this yet (ever?).
Sponsored