Infotainment software update?

lathajoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Just registered to post on this. I had an issue with my 'infotainment' system where it went unresponsive and was flashing on/off every 7-8 seconds. It did this for a couple of days and then one morning it was back to normal. I took it into Honda last week to get it checked over and was told that a big update is in final testing and is expected "very soon" which addresses a bunch of issues including what I had experienced. Hopefully it's an all round version upgrade (as long as the hardware can cope with it).
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmmm... had a factory BOSE in the RSX and it was god awful, though it was 6 years old by the time I got it. The sound was... 'muddy'. Just because it's "BOSE" doesn't necessarily mean it's good. Both my Z32s BOSE unit either sounded bad or simply didn't work correctly anymore by the time I got them.

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
Just registered to post on this. I had an issue with my 'infotainment' system where it went unresponsive and was flashing on/off every 7-8 seconds. It did this for a couple of days and then one morning it was back to normal. I took it into Honda last week to get it checked over and was told that a big update is in final testing and is expected "very soon" which addresses a bunch of issues including what I had experienced. Hopefully it's an all round version upgrade (as long as the hardware can cope with it).
Great news if this is true! Anyone else hear anything similar? I would kind of believe it as Honda usually listens in circumstances like this. The infotainment is usually the biggest criticism of the car by both consumers and auto journalists. It will interesting how the update will be handled. Will the owner be able to do it themselves? or will a dealer have to do it?

lathajoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I asked that one and was told it would need to be done by them. I got the impression it was a full image flash that would reset settings etc. I don’t know for sure though.
The servicing manager said he would call me when it became available. When (if) he does i’ll let you know.

SuXlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17CivicEXT
Country flag
Watching thread with anticipation. Thanks

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
This is exciting as the infotainment system has been my biggest gripe with the car. I am, however, not holding my breath. These forums have been talking about a big update coming for over a year now. So I'm going to try and remain skeptical about this until something concrete happens.

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here's a thought. Could it be possible that Honda could program one of the climate control knobs to be a volume control? Give you an option to make the driver climate control button to be used as a volume control and then have onscreen climate controls to use instead.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Here's a thought. Could it be possible that Honda could program one of the climate control knobs to be a volume control? Give you an option to make the driver climate control button to be used as a volume control and then have onscreen climate controls to use instead.
The situation isn't that dire. Just use the steering wheel.

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
Nah, its fine to me. Factory system sounds great too. Cool stuff.
Same here. I’ve never had a glitch occur in the 4K miles I’ve driven. Is it perfect? No, but it works pretty well, receives HD radio, satellite radio, plays MP3s from a USB stick, automatically picks up and plays from my last Bluetooth session (Spotify/Google/MP3) when I get in the car, and sounds way better than the Premium system in my 08 Si sounded. More than a knob I wish there was a mute button on the steering wheel since I rarely touch the radio face unless I’m stopped. My wife had a Bose in her recent Mazda and was nice, but not what I would call night and day.

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! Now I wonder what you have to go through to get this update- will a dealer just do it at your request?

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
Thanks! Now I wonder what you have to go through to get this update- will a dealer just do it at your request?
Make an appointment, describe the problems (radio freezing and phone disconnecting), then show them the service bulletin.

Opie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic Touring, Sienna
Country flag
Make an appointment, describe the problems (radio freezing and phone disconnecting), then show them the service bulletin.
I’m having similar problems with my Civic 2016 Touring - I guess I’m SOL since this bulletin starts with 2017s. Anyone know what the latest software version is for my vehicle? (I have 1.F186.69).

Last edited: