Infotainment software update?

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
I just had to reboot mine yesterday after my Car-play kept cutting out. Then, the screen froze until I turned the ignition off/on to reset.

This is the worst stereo I've ever seen/had in a car.
I'm curious, you sig says you also have a 2017 CRV. How's the CRV's stereo? I thought it was very similar to the Civic's but with a volume knob.
Sponsored

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
The '17 CRV head unit is 1000x better than the Civic. It's faster and has more useful buttons not to mention the knob.
Wonder why they didn't update the Civic to the CRV radio for 2018? I'm pretty happy with mine so far but it's only been 3 weeks.

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The '17 CRV head unit is 1000x better than the Civic. It's faster and has more useful buttons not to mention the knob.
I wonder if there would be some way to hook up the CRV's head unit in our cars. I mean, I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of that, but with all the complaining I've seen everywhere about the lack of buttons and all, I can't believe someone hasn't tried it.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
They better update it for the '19 refresh!
The CR-V infotainment isn't that much different. What we need for the Civicx refresh is the infotainment system from the Accord and Odyssey...

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I have both Android and iOS. Both have experienced black screen infotainment issues. Holding the power button to force a reboot has worked for me.

Tommienj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Mine is at the dealer right now for the same issue. They installed a new update and that didn't take. They then called Honda to see if the had any newer updates or patches. That was a no go so they are replacing the whole unit with a newer version.We'll see how that works. They've had the car for a week. They gave me a loner though.

weigle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
The so-called Infotainment system in my 2016 EX-L is a POS. Worst I've ever had in all my 45+ years of driving. It consistently looses all presets. If there is lightning during a storm, it looses the station I'm on, and all presets. Just in daily driving it consistently looses the station I'm listening to. The only thing that works consistently, is Pandora. The rest of the car, is flawless.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Do you know what's the Android version behind the CRV head unit... still Android 4.x?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It would be so much easier for Honda if they would put in a wifi or mobile update system so that the head unit would auto update over wifi or LTE when there was an update.

JoeShades

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
The so-called Infotainment system in my 2016 EX-L is a POS. Worst I've ever had in all my 45+ years of driving. It consistently looses all presets. If there is lightning during a storm, it looses the station I'm on, and all presets. Just in daily driving it consistently looses the station I'm listening to. The only thing that works consistently, is Pandora. The rest of the car, is flawless.
How much to get a new infotainment system installed that is decent?

fenerli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring CVT WOP
Country flag
Isn't the CRV and the new Accord head units 2GB (*edited) memory android systems? '16/'17 CivicX head units are 1mb which is the reason for the slow responses. 2GB (*edited) android units will be much faster and useful (in case of APK installs, etc)

Last edited:

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Do you know what's the Android version behind the CRV head unit... still Android 4.x?
It is Android 4.2.2 this came out in 2013ish time frame and is Jellybean. Mine only freaks out periodically, but works 99.99% of the time and I appear to have been lucky compared to others. The head unit is clearly unacceptable and unstable to use in a vehicle. This is a massive short coming on Honda's standpoint. Android has always been unstable. There should have been a contract with Microsoft or someone to have built a dedicated software platform for the car, not Android.
Sponsored