M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
You guys need to learn from my experience thought- don't update the software unless it's really meant for your vehicle. I did that and now it's messed up and I can't go back. The radio will not let you flash to older versions, unless there is a trick I don't know about. I'm hoping that the Android auto issue with the 197 software is now a known bug that Honda may be fixing since people can't order the software updates now.
Can I ask what car you have and then which specifically the update you used was meant for? Looking at your profile page, it says you're in a Dodge Dart but obviously that's not the vehicle's updated.

I'm trying to figure out if it's the update that is the problem or if it's just like what you said, you have to use an update that is meant specifically for your certain vehicle, which would make perfect sense.

Cheers
Sponsored

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
Can I ask what car you have and then which specifically the update you used was meant for? Looking at your profile page, it says you're in a Dodge Dart but obviously that's not the vehicle's updated.

I'm trying to figure out if it's the update that is the problem or if it's just like what you said, you have to use an update that is meant specifically for your certain vehicle, which would make perfect sense.

Cheers
OMG- Thanks, never did get around to changing that. I now have a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan. I updated my Civic's radio to the F197 software. Other shave done it and had no problems but I discovered it messes up the music apps in Android Auto. Someone else here also confirmed the issue. The F197 software was meant for the hatchback models not the sedans. I then purchased the software for the sedans and it now won't let me downgrade the software because it is a lower version. I'm stuck now.

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gotcha thanks! I'm in a 2018 Hatchback..actually I haven't even taken delivery of it but am supposed to this week and I'm just preparing my self in advance for potential fixes I may need to do in the not so distant future.

Anyone know what the 2018 Hatchback's 7 inch Head Unit is using for it's Android Operating System? is it 4.2 ?
And has any 2018 Hatchback owners done the Honda Hack Pro?? Feedback?

Cheers

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gotcha thanks! I'm in a 2018 Hatchback..actually I haven't even taken delivery of it but am supposed to this week and I'm just preparing my self in advance for potential fixes I may need to do in the not so distant future.

Anyone know what the 2018 Hatchback's 7 inch Head Unit is using for it's Android Operating System? is it 4.2 ?
And has any 2018 Hatchback owners done the Honda Hack Pro?? Feedback?

Cheers
If you get a chance, could you post what software version comes with your 2018 Hatch? I'm curious if there is a new version out already.

Thanks

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you get a chance, could you post what software version comes with your 2018 Hatch? I'm curious if there is a new version out already.

Thanks
I certainly can and will! There's been some sort of delay in delivery as the latest my car was supposed to arrive was May 19th and that deadline has come and gone but hopefully she'll be delivered this week.

Is there an easy route to go about locating its software version within the head unit?

UNXADM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Has anyone that upgraded to F197 tried CarPlay? Specifically on a 2016 Sedan.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
With the Honda Hack, have any of you been getting the thing where each time you press on the screen, a black bar shows up in the middle of the screen and shows the detail of the action you just commanded? It's a transparent black bar and it basically says (for example) "home screen commanded" or whatever. It lasts just a couple of seconds, but it's very annoying.

I may have fat-fingered a setting in the Developer Mode options though to cause this. I'm not sure which toggle that is though. Any help, please?
It could just as well be a setting inside the Honda Hack menus

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I should be getting Part Number 07AAU-TBAA1A0 Monday which i believe should be F197. I will try it on my 2016 Touring sedan.
I'm pretty sure that us not the F197 update. That is a different part number. That's for F190.25

07AAU-TGGA1A0 is the F197 update.

mitchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm pretty sure that us not the F197 update. That is a different part number. That's for F190.25

07AAU-TGGA1A0 is the F197 update.
-_-

Sigh

Just checked and this is for the 2017/2018. Does this work on 2016 models?

Last edited:

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
-_-

Sigh

Just checked and this is for the 2017/2018. Does this work on 2016 models?
Just remember, as I found out, you can't go back to an earlier version if you have issues after you flash it.

UNXADM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm an Apple phone user and use CarPlay every time I get in the car. Disconnections happened 100% of the time each time I utilized it. The music would continue to play but you would no longer be able to switch back to CarPlay or control the music via the steering wheel controls. You would then have to plug/unplug the phone to get it working again (if you wanted to use the steering wheel controls). Most times it would then just disconnect again at some point. When I heard someone mention that part "07AAU-TGGA1A0 Update, Audio System" would work I thought I'd give it go. I loaded this on my 2016 Touring and so far no issues. Everything I looked at worked as it did before... radio, vehicle settings, wifi... CarPlay now works without disconnecting, and music plays as it should... I just did this today so I'm curious to see how things pan out over the coming days. I did a factory reset before I loaded this update and I didn't test android auto. I've attached some images if people are curious.

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? 1 USB Update Key

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? 3 Updatin

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? 4 Updatin

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? 2 Pre Update

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? 5 Version Check After Update

mitchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm an Apple phone user and use CarPlay every time I get in the car. Disconnections happened 100% of the time each time I utilized it. The music would continue to play but you would no longer be able to switch back to CarPlay or control the music via the steering wheel controls. You would then have to plug/unplug the phone to get it working again (if you wanted to use the steering wheel controls). Most times it would then just disconnect again at some point. When I heard someone mention that part "07AAU-TGGA1A0 Update, Audio System" would work I thought I'd give it go. I loaded this on my 2016 Touring and so far no issues. Everything I looked at worked as it did before... radio, vehicle settings, wifi... CarPlay now works without disconnecting, and music plays as it should... I just did this today so I'm curious to see how things pan out over the coming days. I did a factory reset before I loaded this update and I didn't test android auto. I've attached some images if people are curious.

1 USB Update Key.jpg

3 Updating.jpg

4 Updating.jpg

2 Pre Update.jpg

5 Version Check After Update.jpg
NICE
I will run the 190 update tonight on my 2016 Touring.
If all goes well with yours I may buy this update and run it on mine.
Sponsored