Infotainment software update?

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
Well, bad news :( It won't let you down grade your firmware. I can't figure out any way to force it. Guess I am stuck with a non functional Android Auto until Honda comes up with another firmware that has a higher number. Anyone know a tech they could ask to see if there is a way to force a firmware change? What would you guys do now?

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? IMG_20180510_154353

crimson-civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNP 2017 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
I just posted some TSBs in the main service bulliten thread that I stumbled across while purusing Honda's TSB repository. I'm reposting the following below since they're Infotainment related:

Service Bulletin 17-016
July 07, 2017
Popping or No Sound from Speakers
http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/AH/A17-016/enu/A17-016.PDF

Service Bulletin 17-049
July 26, 2017
Audio Unit Display Beeps or Changes Screens by Itself
http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/AH/A17-049/enu/A17-049.PDF

TSB 17-049 is particularly interesting since it suggests there's an additional software update for the touch display itself that's embedded in the USB updater sticks so many of us have purchased.

crimson-civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag

crimson-civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you all hate going to your dealers so much that you’d pay money for something they’d do for free?
Yes, because in my area, getting a dealer to do any non-safety related 'quality-of-life' TSB work for a software issue is like pulling teeth.

I could complain to Honda corporate to compel the dealership to comply, or hunt down another dealership to do it, but the amount of time wasted and back-and-forth involved..... for me, spending $35 on the USB update to do it myself is more than worth it.

UNXADM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Do you all hate going to your dealers so much that you’d pay money for something they’d do for free?
For this specific thing I would rather pay for the USB and do the update myself. If there isn't a light flashing or a buzzer buzzing they just can't seem to understand what's wrong. This is easy enough that I can save the hassle of having to deal with the dealer and do it myself. Even if my issue remains unresolved I can at least do the update and see for myself vs wondering. It wouldn't surprise me if developer didn't include a change they made in the list of changes/fixes provided back to Honda.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Also many 2016 civics are out of warranty now. And the dealers cost 200$ just to update it. So it’s much cheaper to update yourself if you are not on warranty

mitchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Good morning everyone.

I recently installed the Honda Hack etc. I also just purchased the USB drive to do the update of the infotainment system.

Does the update remove the Honda Hack?

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
You guys need to learn from my experience thought- don't update the software unless it's really meant for your vehicle. I did that and now it's messed up and I can't go back. The radio will not let you flash to older versions, unless there is a trick I don't know about. I'm hoping that the Android auto issue with the 197 software is now a known bug that Honda may be fixing since people can't order the software updates now.
Sponsored