First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
Good day,

While surfing here I came across a picture of the radio/dash display I cannot find again. It was 3 dials, show RPM, Speed, Boost (?), a half dozen or so other indicators, etc. It was pretty cool looking.

If you know what I'm looking for - was that an app? Was that a KTuner or other display? Any way to get that without going the tuner route?

Thank you!
Sponsored

FK7 Mvnny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM 2018 EX Hatchback, NHBP 2007 Accord Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was most definitely a head unit with Honda Hack and either TunerView (KTuner) or Hondata Mobile. There are plenty of OBDII devices that stream information through bluetooth to your phone that don't involve a tune, but as far as seeing that information through the head unit, the only methods I've seen are Tunerview and Hondata Mobile via Honda Hack.

OP
OP
newskate9

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's likely the Honda Hack running the TunerView software.
Looking around on the web with your quote, I see similar. You are therefore likely correct! I don't have tuner(s) so have to wait I guess.

Nuts!

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
It was most definitely a head unit with Honda Hack and either TunerView (KTuner) or Hondata Mobile. There are plenty of OBDII devices that stream information through bluetooth to your phone that don't involve a tune, but as far as seeing that information through the head unit, the only methods I've seen are Tunerview and Hondata Mobile via Honda Hack.

Not necessarily.

In theory, many apps could send their screen video via Android Auto to the head Unit.

The Head Unit cannot tell what the video content is .. it's just Video.

The problem is, that Google has hard coded Android Auto on your phone , only to allow certain apps to send their Video to the Ahead unit.

Older Version of Android Auto, actually did not have this limitation, but in more recent version, Google have lock down what apps will work over Android Auto.

So GOOGLE is controlling what will try to run, and what will not.

As far as displaying Tuner type Gauges on the actual head unit, or more precisely NOT being able to display that tuner data ... is that really "the end of the world" ?

Just mount your Phone, and display the Tuner info on that, while keeping the Honda HU displaying it's normal information / apps.

NO LIMITATIONS that way .. best of both worlds.. DUAL DISPLAYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Except for those of us with iPhones that don't have a tunerview app in the store or the ability to have that info on our phone, requiring the honda hack or buying an android specific device. I'd rather run honda hack than have a phone, a tuner device, and my head unit.
Ahhh .. my error !!! I did not think about Iphone users. :doh:

I live in an Android world, Android Phones, Android Head Units .. never had an Iphone.

Also a Microsoft PC man, never had an Apple Computer either.

You could say I am "Apple Challenged" ;)

Actually, you could always get an older, cheap (cost next to nothing) Android Smartphone - no need for a Sim Card, and mount that as an almost dedicated Tuner display.

Now you have 3 potential Display devices !!!

or more .. :rofl:

Last edited:

OP
OP
newskate9

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LOL - love the hanging phone pic! And the options. I keep forgetting about mounting the phone........... Argh!

Thank you all for the info. Drive safe.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
for what it's worth, you could use an app like torque and any elm327 based adapter, but it won't be a quick thing to setup. However you will not need to spend much money, only time.

Odds are what you saw was either ktuner or hondata based with the associated app, but I figured it was worth pointing out there are other ways to see the same information

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
for what it's worth, you could use an app like torque and any elm327 based adapter, but it won't be a quick thing to setup. However you will not need to spend much money, only time.

Odds are what you saw was either ktuner or hondata based with the associated app, but I figured it was worth pointing out there are other ways to see the same information

I used to use torque on my old car and finally bought another obd2 adapter and installed torque again. I was unable to get intake Temps... Do those work for you? I'm not seeing many helpful dials to run.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
you will have to search the forum for config info needed for torque app. As I recall the default values are not going to pick things up and some custom entries have to be created in torque so that values can be read. Like I said, "it won't be a quick thing to setup".
Sponsored