Info on 2016 Civic's Hankook Kinergy GT / Firestone FT140 tires

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
I will be replacing my stock Hankook tires tomorrow, with 90000 miles on them. 3 of them are at 4/32" and 1 is a little better. None are to the wear bars. I have never had a set of tires last this long in the past, especially OEM tires. Only rotated twice, I believe. Terrific on dry roads. Some people knock them for poor wet traction, but that was not my experience. I often was pushing them hard through corners, wet and dry, and they just gripped the road. Poor in the snow, however. I feel any all season tire is a trade off. I had mine in light snow several times, and just didn't feel very confident at all. Never hit any heavy snow with them, thank goodness. Seriously, I wouldn't feel too bad about another set, but I am sure there are better tires out there. One started leaking air for some reason at about 82000, and I just dealt with it. A second just started leaking as well, so maybe that is an 'end of life' warning? New tires will be Cooper Zeon RS3-G1s in 215/55/R16. I will do a full review once I get some miles on them. Very happy with the Kinergy GTs. If I lived someplace without the threat of snow, I'd leave them on longer, but 90000 is good enough by many, many miles :)
*Edit to add: became noisy by 40000 miles, and stayed loud to the end, also could feel a little harshness/vibration from them on all surfaces after 40000......maybe they cupped a little?*
Sponsored

Last edited:

cpoulan

First Name
Chloe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic, 2003 Accord
Country flag
The 6.6 pound weight reduction must have diminished the material used in the sidewalls and compromised their integrity. My 20018 has about 15K miles. I went in for a state inspection yesterday and they showed me 5 or 6 bubbles on the inside sidewall of the left rear tire. Factory defect perhaps or maybe a result of the lighter materials. Despite having about 90% tread life the dealer just said that I need to purchase a new tire.