Info on 2016 Civic's Hankook Kinergy GT / Firestone FT140 tires

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm switching to Michelin Defenders or Goodyear Comfortred Touring.
Sponsored

haztorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MSM EX-T
My ABS engaged pretty bad when stopping a little too hard at a stop sign I wasn't paying very close attention to yesterday (in an empty neighborhood.) Can't say that's ever happened in a half dozen or so modern vehicles I've owned in recent years when I needed to stop a little faster than unusual. This car has much more boosted brakes than I'm used to (which I blame as much as anything for my error), and my other cars are wearing summer tires at the moment, but that's not always the case depending on the season. I'll take a 2-3 mpg hit for better traction. Putting some Continental DW tires on my list. They are lightweight too. That said, these firestones are indeed pretty light, which is good! Helps the suspension stay compliant over more surfaces, as well as improve every aspect of the cars performance.

EDIT: The tires are better after a few hundred miles. They need to be broken in like all tires. Still not exactly grippy, but the car is more planted than when I made the original post.

Last edited:

andrewd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
The f140 do not get a good review and I agree after 600 miles not impressed. I have some snows Gen Altermax Artics on 16 rims from previous Civic that I might use next winter but am thinking off getting another set of tires . I had Continental Pure Contacts on an Accord Sport that were excellent over the Goodyear Eagles back in 2013. The Contis were a bit noisy but dry cornering was amazing as well as wet and they were very good in the snow.

AlexQmty

Civic 2016 Turbo Plus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Turbo Plus
Hi guys, I had an accident with one of my wheels FT140 215/50/17 I fall down in a pothole and my wheel cannot be repaired.

Unfortanetly, since im live at Mexico is hard to find this kind of wheel only through the Honda Dealer but this is very expensive only one wheel the cost is around 450 USD + taxes.

I already called to Firestone Mexico and they not sell the FT140 .(suc...).

The good thing is that aparently everything else is okay only the wheel is the issue.

I will consider go to US to buy the wheel since I live very close to the boarder at Monterrey around 3 hour in car.
Can you recommend some store where I can find FT140 model?

Or maybe i can try find a replacement locally with a better brand like Michelline but im not sure how this affect the perfomance in general since will be mix up.

Thanks
Regards

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Do not put 1 tire on one wheel and 3 different tires on another - if you drive a 400 year old car with everything broken already you can, but on a new car with new suspension, you will get into a larger accident when you slam on the brakes and the car veers one way because of different traction characteristics.

What I would suggest is to buy 2 new tires and put them in the front or back, and leave the stock tires in the front or back. That's probably your cheapest/safest way.

If you were to drive to the states to buy another Firestone, assuming your mileage is low enough that a new tire's tread will not differ much, it'll still feel a bit off as a very small different in Left/Right tread depths will be much more pronounced when driving.

AlexQmty

Civic 2016 Turbo Plus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Turbo Plus
Do not put 1 tire on one wheel and 3 different tires on another - if you drive a 400 year old car with everything broken already you can, but on a new car with new suspension, you will get into a larger accident when you slam on the brakes and the car veers one way because of different traction characteristics.

What I would suggest is to buy 2 new tires and put them in the front or back, and leave the stock tires in the front or back. That's probably your cheapest/safest way.

If you were to drive to the states to buy another Firestone, assuming your mileage is low enough that a new tire's tread will not differ much, it'll still feel a bit off as a very small different in Left/Right tread depths will be much more pronounced when driving.

Thanks for the quick responde and advice, definetly I should consider maybe get 2 wheels from another good brand here to avoid that kind of issues or try to find only one in US since the car has less 1600 miles.

Any model that you recommend to work as replacement?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the quick responde and advice, definetly I should consider maybe get 2 wheels from another good brand here to avoid that kind of issues or try to find only one in US since the car has less 1600 miles.

Any model that you recommend to work as replacement?
Not really - there are so, so many choices. Best thing is to go to a tire website, search by size - and see which ones are best rated, with prices. Then see if that specific tire is available in Mexico.

Hope that helps!

Sushimaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 lx
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Pirelli p7 all season plus and even on ice/snow at reasonable speed, my abs and traction control never come on, running throught water and the steering wheel is stable as a rock, amazing breaking too.

AlexQmty

Civic 2016 Turbo Plus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Turbo Plus

AlexQmty

Civic 2016 Turbo Plus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Turbo Plus
Thanks guys for the guidance finally i will get two tires Pirelli P7 all season plus m thanks sushimaster this tire looks is the best one according the reviews much better than Michelin primacy. I already order the two tires by around 330 USD to put in front side since the dealer need to request to the plant will take around 3 days for deliver awesome that they doesnt have in stock but is better investment that get with my honda dealer only one tire FT140 by around 450USD.

JulianV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX
I bought my 2016 LX with steel wheels. I ordered 2016 Honda OEM 17" alloy wheels and tires (take offs from an EX). can I use the same lug nuts from the steel wheel or I have to get a different ones for the alloy wheels? Are these in different shape with this model?

randym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic EX
Which version of the Continental ProContact comes on the EX-T/EX-L/Touring Coupe? There are several versions on TireRack, and I'm looking for the correct reviews.

Update: Looked at the tires on the lot, and it's the ProContact TX. TireRack grades are all pretty good, even for wet and snow.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5421

I switched out the tires and installed the Continental PureContaxt with Ecoplus. Excellent tire. Responsive, good traction, and quite (as quite as can be on our grooved concrete highways).

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
Agree 100% that the OEM Firestones are crap. Unfortunately, almost every new car I've ever bought always seemed to have horrible tires. I live in South Florida and would like to get a dedicated summer tire. I know there's Tirerack for recommendations, but can anyone chime in and suggest a really good summer tire or ultra high performance tire for the Civic Touring?

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
Agree 100% that the OEM Firestones are crap. Unfortunately, almost every new car I've ever bought always seemed to have horrible tires. I live in South Florida and would like to get a dedicated summer tire. I know there's Tirerack for recommendations, but can anyone chime in and suggest a really good summer tire or ultra high performance tire for the Civic Touring?
A good value would be http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-selector/category/sports-performance-tires (either Comp 2 A/S or Sport Comp 2). I have the Comp-2 A/S, really happy with it. BF Goodrich is now part of the Michelin family.

Money no object? Can't do better than these tires IMO http://www.michelinman.com/US/en/tires/products/pilot-super-sport.html#
Sponsored