Indonesian 2016 Honda Civic

Phantaminum

Adrenaline Infused
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
There are several differences found in the Indonesian version of the 2016 Honda Civic. The tachometer/speedometer isn't as nice, looks to be missing the voice command option button, they've added an area to display the A/C temperature, and what I've been drooling over...the center console Android version. To top it off, it looks like the backup camera and lane assist camera is much smoother than what I have on my touring model.

What do you guys think?

Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Looks like they get:
- Power folding mirrors (want!)
- Rear vents (meh)
- Exhaust pipe finishers
- Completely different headunit unit with new software + CD Player + microsd slot
- Paddle shifters

They miss:
- Lanewatch
- Multiangle rearview camera
- Heated rear seats
- Honda Sensing
- Sunroof
- LCD gauge cluster
- Auto dual climate control

I like the term another member used here, Honda is playing "Musical Features".

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like they get:
- Power folding mirrors (want!)
- Rear vents (meh)
- Exhaust pipe finishers
- Completely different headunit unit with new software + CD Player + microsd slot
- Paddle shifters

They miss:
- Lanewatch
- Multiangle rearview camera
- Heated rear seats
- Honda Sensing
- Sunroof
- LCD gauge cluster
- Auto dual climate control

I like the term another member used here, Honda is playing "Musical Features".
I really wish they included the rear vents in the US version... Would be really nice for my rear seat passengers.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I understand that car companies have to make changes for different parts of the world especially involving emissions and such. But it's silly when some features for which I'm not clearly sure why are only offered in some parts of the world and not in others. For example, and it wasn't mentioned in the other posts, the third brake light is purportedly LED in Indonesia... But not in the U.S.? So Indonesians can afford the added cost of an LED third brake light but we in North America cannot?

Also noticed the car in the video did NOT have the audio control that we have on the steering wheel. Again, why? The car shown, I presume, is the top model i.e. and yet doesn't have audio controls. Also looks like where we have the the button for voice activation, the car shown does not. Just weird to me.

I have an EX-T and I would have loved to have the paddle shifters, the LED third brake light, the rear passenger vents and the power folding mirrors with the LED indicators.

Blader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe touring WOP
Some of it makes sense to me.
Power folding mirrors. In dense cities with narrow streets and crazy traffic. Think of Ho Chi Minh City.

Honda sensing makes no sense, pun intended. It's only useful on the freeway or North American streets and highways. It can't deal with complex situations that border on insanity. The human brain is marvelous!

virtuoso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo
In Thailand where I live even the top model doesn't have rear vents. I really like to have those as well because I always have a rear passenger.

The thing I find least useful is the cruise control. Don't get me wrong. I loved having it when I lived in the US, but here it doesn't make much sense to have.

vti07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 9G Euro Hatch
Some variations in Civic specs worldwide I've noticed:
* China - Engine Auto start /stop on 1.5T petrol models. Base trim to get 1L turbo petrol engine instead of R18 or K20. Copper orange paint colour option. Didn't notice a paddle shift option.
* Australia (Thailand built) No keyfob remote engine start option, the upper trims get plastic covers on the bootlid hinges; thereby covering the ugly wiring that goes to the tailights, Paddle shift on CVT (also offered in most of Asia), clear side markers, split fold rear seats (60/40), digital DAB+ radio, no cream seat option, only highest spec gets Honda Sensing;not available as an option on lower specs, RS model for Australia gets a sunroof whereas Thailands own RS (as sold in Thailand) doesn't get a sunroof, all specs get the full colour speedometer / tacho cluster and 7" touch screen. We do not get the base "analogue" speedo/tach cluster nor the base 5" iMid style audio system . The RS gets a red themed speedometer / tacho cluster
* US, Canada - heated rear seats
* Indonesia and possibly Malaysia - rear AC vents
* Thailand, Malaysia and possibly Indonesia. Cross brace behind back seats so you cannot fold them down (ie. no split fold seating which almost all other markets do get). Note that Thailand built Australian spec DOES have split fold seats.

Last edited:

x302

Threads
Reaction score
Website
michael.band
Vehicle(s)
Civic VTi-LX 2016
Country flag
the upper trims get plastic covers on the bootlid hinges
When I was researching and looking at the US model this was one thing which was annoying to not be covered, thankfully they did it here! Hopefully it is possible for those in the US to get the somehow as it does look a lot better. :)

virtuoso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo
* Thailand, Malaysia and possibly Indonesia. Cross brace behind back seats so you cannot fold them down.
The video above (at 3:34) shows that Indonesia's back seats could be fold. I really want this feature as well :(

vti07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 9G Euro Hatch
The video above (at 3:34) shows that Indonesia's back seats could be fold. I really want this feature as well :(
The most strange thing is that the Australian spec does have rear seat fold and it is built in Thailand! RS for Thailand has no sunroof, RS for Australia has sunroof. Also, Australian spec has full set of colour choices but Thailand only has very limited colours. Only thing we miss out on is keyfob remote engine start but I think this feature is not allowed in Australia.

virtuoso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo
I can imagine they want to hold on to some features for minor change to keep the sale going once it starts to decline.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
When I was researching and looking at the US model this was one thing which was annoying to not be covered, thankfully they did it here! Hopefully it is possible for those in the US to get the somehow as it does look a lot better. :)
Yeah, just get the part number off the Acura ILX lol