In California are smoked side markers with amber bulbs legal?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2016 EX-L Sensing Sedan
Country flag
I want to switch the orange colored side markers on my 2020 hatch to smoked ones. Anyone know in California if smoked side markers with amber bulbs are legal?
Sponsored

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been running smoked markers with amber bulbs for a year now and never had any issues. As long as the bulbs are visible when lit I don’t think it matters.

NUshek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX-T 6MT
Country flag
I’ve been running smoked markers with amber bulbs for a year now and never had any issues. As long as the bulbs are visible when lit I don’t think it matters.
Agreed. I've had mine on since early 2019. From what I read online (and I'm not expert), it seems like as long as it is orange when lit, you shouldn't have any problems. The ones I have when lit you can't tell it is smoked and shines orange at night.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As long as they’re the right color and visible, cops really don’t care. At least not where I live anyway.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Please read the laws related to this instead of following the " i havent gotten in trouble for it yet so it must be okay rule." I will say that there needs to be a reflector near the front of the vehicle. If your smoke is running too, they may get you for the reflectors not being visible during the day time. Again, check the california vehicle code 1st

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Technically no they are not legal in California. California has some of the strictest traffic laws some of which are pretty ridiculous. With that said it's really up to the cop if he's being enough of a dick that day to pull you over for something so small. I had smoked corners on my Integra for like a decade never had an issue with them. I currently have smoked switchback markers white daytime/amber turn/hazard on my Civic. So unless you live in an area where cops like to pull people for petty shit or get pulled over for looking a certain way then I wouldn't really worry about it much.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Technically they’re reflectors and lights and must be amber for bulb color and reflect white or amber. As long as it reflects during the day and is lit amber at night, you’re fine.

Dawsfc3

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Technically no they are not legal in California. California has some of the strictest traffic laws some of which are pretty ridiculous. With that said it's really up to the cop if he's being enough of a dick that day to pull you over for something so small. I had smoked corners on my Integra for like a decade never had an issue with them. I currently have smoked switchback markers white daytime/amber turn/hazard on my Civic. So unless you live in an area where cops like to pull people for petty shit or get pulled over for looking a certain way then I wouldn't really worry about it much.
Where did you purchase those sidmarkers?

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The markers I have are reflective during the day, they have a metallic shimmer unlike some which are very dark. No cop is going to waste their time just for that but if you’re doing something else stupid they’ll happily add that to your ticket.

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

fk8wah

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
I ran tinted side markers and turn signals on lot of cars, cops don't care. Just make sure they work

Overeazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch *Sold*
Country flag
Even if you did get a ticket it would be a "fix it ticket" and only costs about 25 bucks after you correct the issue. It doesn't add anything to your driving record. Typically if a cop is nit picking on your car like that you did something very wrong like street racing and he just wants to fuck you over.