I'm SERIOUSLY considering to trading in my car for a 2020 Hyundai Veloster N. Should I do it???!

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The money you would pay for the N, you could get a used R and be way better off.
Sponsored

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
The money you would pay for the N, you could get a used R and be way better off.
There's no way I would pay 30k for a new one. I'm talking about getting a used. I found one for 23k. Yes the Type R is better, but I'm a sucker for heated seats.

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s your life, do as you wish. We’re all grown adults here. If you understand the value for a car like that and it has the features you’re looking for then go for it. Obviously you’ll want to look at your financing and see if it’s something you’re happy with. If you’re only planning to keep it no more then a couple years I’d continue to pay attention to how those cars depreciate and if you’ll be ahead of your loan when you decide to move on. Cheers

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's no way I would pay 30k for a new one. I'm talking about getting a used. I found one for 23k. Yes the Type R is better, but I'm a sucker for heated seats.
My comment was for OP, sorry I should've stated that. I checked cars.com and there are used R's out there for less than 30K, with relatively low miles. IMO, a way better deal.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
My comment was for OP, sorry I should've stated that. I checked cars.com and there are used R's out there for less than 30K, with relatively low miles. IMO, a way better deal.
I went down the rabbit hole of OP's post history. Based on the info in the following thread, apparently he gave up on the N, then considered the WRX, but ultimately decided to stick with his Civic: https://www.civicx.com/threads/scre...-with-looking-at-wrx-raiu-or-sti-sport.40288/

imo, he made the smart choice. Certainly the most financially responsible one.

OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Lx"FK7" (Canadian spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@RIC3HUNT3R did you ever trade in your Civic for the Veloster N. I was also thinking of trading my SI in for a Veloster N pp that's 23k. But I'm not sure.
... SI pro's
*Gas milage
*Comfort and space
*Looks
*Holds it's value for a long time
... Si con's
*Lack of power (IMO) (don't want to tune due to warranty
*Tune will likely need a new clutch
*Rev hang

... Vel N pro's
*275 hp
*That exhaust tho
*Different modes (customization)
*Infotainment
*No rev hang
... Vel N con's
*Depreciation rate
*Cheap plastic interiors
*Not enough room in the back seats

These are just some of my thoughts. The main reason why I would switch is the horsepower and the exhaust. But not sure if it's worth.

Here is a link to a related post and the decision I've made, long story short I've decided to keep my car till the lease is done, it was the smart choice.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/scre...looking-at-wrx-raiu-or-sti-sport.40288/page-3

EDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru WRX
Country flag
I have been thinking about doing the same thing with my 2020 Sport hatch. Don't get me wrong I like the car but the lack of power and stock handling just isn't cutting it. It would all depend on what they would give me for my car as a trade and what my payments would be and for how long.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I have been thinking about doing the same thing with my 2020 Sport hatch. Don't get me wrong I like the car but the lack of power and stock handling just isn't cutting it. It would all depend on what they would give me for my car as a trade and what my payments would be and for how long.
Hold out for new N models on the way, Kona N, Elantra N, etc. unless you really like the look of the Veloster.

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
I like that veloster's exhaust! I wish Honda added similar to civics..
exterior Design wise I like civic hatch more. But interior and other tech I would say Hyundai. If you already got bored of Civic just buy Hyundai. As other members say it's your money.

Edit: Man I thought OP just posted these days ??‍♂Haha

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hold out for new N models on the way, Kona N, Elantra N, etc. unless you really like the look of the Veloster.
That's what I'm doing. Waiting for the Elantra N. Very excited I hope it's the same car as the Vel N but maybe a nicer interior.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It'll always be a Hyundai. I had a 2013 Veloster (non-N). Never again.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do whatever makes you happy but like others have said, if you’re going to lease the car for 8 years to keep the payments low as possible, you’re gonna be paying more money than you figure for the car. I thought I was making a big mistake trading in my Equinox but I realized my interest rate went down but my payments went up. But I’m financing my car. The Veloster is a nice car, probably out of my price range but if you can afford it, by all means do what makes you happy.