I'm SERIOUSLY considering to trading in my car for a 2020 Hyundai Veloster N. Should I do it???!

mc21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I wouldnt do it.. as the N never grow in me.
Car Looks kind of funny. But it is personally.

But finance a car for 8 years? Thats a long term for car
Hey did you get your Seibon hood from a shop in Toronto?
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best advice: Wait til your lease is over in a few years, then buy a used one. They will be cheaper. Perhaps much cheaper....These Hyundai's simply don't hold their value. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT spend 48k on a car for 8 years when you can get one in 2-3 years for ~15k.
This. All day long. Hyundai's have terrible depreciation. The only one I ever owned was a V6 Tiburon. They were around $20k new... maybe a little less. I got a '05 in '07 with 15k miles for $11k... then traded it for what I paid for it (I thought it was a good deal and an ok car initially but it really really turned out to just be a crappy car). I've checked out a few Genesis sedans that were only ~3-4 years old that were about 1/2 their original price. I doubt these will be much different. At $15-20k... a couple year old one might be a performance bargain. New? Meh.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Hey bro, im gonna be real honest with you. Anything you get will be better than your shitty LX hatch.

Even getting an Si would be a huge upgrade.

Get the N. Stay away from the Golf as it would be about as reliable as an 80 year old man's libido.

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
I'm a big fan of the Veloster N. But hey, it's your money, get what you want.
Im a big fan of kia and Hyundai right now. Be different, get it if you like it! Im sure it's a great car

Bhartz412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
So at work, one day I decided that I had enough with my civic hatch LX. The car is great and looks great, but I'm not happy driving it anymore. The power is there but it's to common now.

I've been thinking about a Golf GTI Rabbit edition, or a Veloster N. As the title says I'm leaning for the Veloster, it's what I'm looking for priced great for what it is and I'm not losing any $$$ from trading in my civic.

I was thinking about tuning up my civic but it's the dammed CVT SO I CANT DO MUCH FOR POWER... the Veloster N has the perfect amount of power sounds amazing from factory and is I'm my budget too.

The civic: 13,000 KMS

no problem so far besides a small false read at 2000kms.

Paying $214 CAD a month on 48 months (37 left) @.99% LEASED

insurance is $300 CAD a month, got a G2 1 1/2 years clean record. Going for G full in mid September.

Buyout is $10,840 at Sept 2022.

The Veloster N: 2KMS (29KMS after test drive)

Brand new...

Would pay $231 CAD bi-weekly for 8 years.

Insurance idk yet, that's what is holding me back from just signing it, would love input about how much would be fair.

And I'll be financing the Veloster N, meaning it would ACTUALLY be MY car....

Why I want it?

It's more enjoyable to ride, they are amazing value and it's super easy to learn to drive stick on them, which is a huge plus.

It's not the end of the world if I dont get it, but life would actually having a meaning to do the same thing everyday and I'll actually enjoy it.

Let me know what you think, if I should get it or just stick with the civic for a few more years... let me know, thx.

P.S.

Here is a pic of the car

20190814_142142.jpg
I also have a civic hatch lx and was looking at a veloster n, worries about my first manual though

AlphaMoose67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Civic LX
Country flag
That car is a pretty fugly color combo. If you can “delete” the red it’ll look way better.

What color is the interior? I looked at one the same color probably 5-6 years ago, and the interior was mustard yellow.

Plus you’re gonna be trying to trade it in a year or two and you’ll be way upside down on it.

It’s a no from me.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Coming from a genesis coupe 3.8 and a hyundai veloster turbo go for it ,hyundai of today is just as good as honda

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
@RIC3HUNT3R did you ever trade in your Civic for the Veloster N. I was also thinking of trading my SI in for a Veloster N pp that's 23k. But I'm not sure.
... SI pro's
*Gas milage
*Comfort and space
*Looks
*Holds it's value for a long time
... Si con's
*Lack of power (IMO) (don't want to tune due to warranty
*Tune will likely need a new clutch
*Rev hang

... Vel N pro's
*275 hp
*That exhaust tho
*Different modes (customization)
*Infotainment
*No rev hang
... Vel N con's
*Depreciation rate
*Cheap plastic interiors
*Not enough room in the back seats

These are just some of my thoughts. The main reason why I would switch is the horsepower and the exhaust. But not sure if it's worth.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
well, Hyundai sells about 700 Velosters in the U.S. each month, some of them are N's(maybe 100?) so you'll be in pretty rare territory if you go this route.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
So at work, one day I decided that I had enough with my civic hatch LX. The car is great and looks great, but I'm not happy driving it anymore. The power is there but it's to common now.

I've been thinking about a Golf GTI Rabbit edition, or a Veloster N. As the title says I'm leaning for the Veloster, it's what I'm looking for priced great for what it is and I'm not losing any $$$ from trading in my civic.

I was thinking about tuning up my civic but it's the dammed CVT SO I CANT DO MUCH FOR POWER... the Veloster N has the perfect amount of power sounds amazing from factory and is I'm my budget too.

The civic: 13,000 KMS

no problem so far besides a small false read at 2000kms.

Paying $214 CAD a month on 48 months (37 left) @.99% LEASED

insurance is $300 CAD a month, got a G2 1 1/2 years clean record. Going for G full in mid September.

Buyout is $10,840 at Sept 2022.

The Veloster N: 2KMS (29KMS after test drive)

Brand new...

Would pay $231 CAD bi-weekly for 8 years.

Insurance idk yet, that's what is holding me back from just signing it, would love input about how much would be fair.

And I'll be financing the Veloster N, meaning it would ACTUALLY be MY car....

Why I want it?

It's more enjoyable to ride, they are amazing value and it's super easy to learn to drive stick on them, which is a huge plus.

It's not the end of the world if I dont get it, but life would actually having a meaning to do the same thing everyday and I'll actually enjoy it.

Let me know what you think, if I should get it or just stick with the civic for a few more years... let me know, thx.

P.S.

Here is a pic of the car

20190814_142142.jpg
I really like the Veloster N. It is a Hyundai though. It's not exactly the favoured H-car. :D
Sponsored