First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hopefully no one has frozen from this cold!
Next week is even worse!!! Wednesday the 30th they are saying a high of -1° low of -19°, and 31st -4° as the high. This is insanity!!!:crazy: Those are supposed to be overnight lows not HIGHS!! Lord help us all.

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Next week is even worse!!! Wednesday the 30th they are saying a high of -1° low of -19°, and 31st -4° as the high. This is insanity!!!:crazy: Those are supposed to be overnight lows not HIGHS!! Lord help us all.
Welcome to the polar vortex:eek:

rey2300

Rey23
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #01928
Country flag
It's a bit warmer down south here. High of 13 on the 30th. The CTR has been assigned to garage duty for the last two weeks due to the weather. Doesn't look like it will be moving anytime soon. :(

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
-1? I'm seeing -15 for the high now and a low of -29!

OP
OP
Fanoflive

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is that with wind chill?
No. I am talking temperature. There is a wind chill advisory out for tonight with -20 to -30 windchill. The low temp is being listed as -13 and high of 1 tomorrow.

It's a bit warmer down south here. High of 13 on the 30th. The CTR has been assigned to garage duty for the last two weeks due to the weather. Doesn't look like it will be moving anytime soon. :(
I wish that I could garage my Civic with all the salt on the road. Unfortunately for me it is my daily.

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
Hopefully only a few more weeks of this so we can get some more meets setup!

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
Im so grateful that I got snow tires/wheels, even though the snow is managable, this coldfront has made for some icy spots (i guess sometimes the cities arent as fast with the salt)

(Edit: 30 seconds after posting this i see the truck go by finally)

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
The last week of January is always the coldest week of the year before we gradually return to spring (although this is still better than like MN, it gets down to -30 to -60 below zero)

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Just moved from a 2018 Lunar Silver Hatchback EX to a 2019 Polished Metal Hatchback EX. Long story, but dealership did their best to make it work when Honda wouldn't deal with the issue I had, one that all civics supposedly have but nobody else cares about. LoL We tested a handful at the dealership and they did have the problem. It is the fact that some module in the dash (in the passenger compartment, not under the hood) is generating a huge amount of radio frequency interference and it gets into the AM radio if you listen to a non-local station where it is a bit weaker. It materializes as a buzz. The 2019 has the radio frequency radiation to a limited extent, but not nearly as strong and the radio doesn't pick it up. Maybe I'm the only Civic owner who listens to AM radio. LOL

Anyway, out Rockford way, but we get in to Six Flags on a fairly regular basis. :) I often will catch a shot of at least a few other 10Gen Civics when over that way. Not that these temperatures make one think about Six Flags, except hoping for warmer weather.

Its_Lorelei

Epic Trans Fail Bro!
First Name
Lorelei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic EX bullshitmobile
Country flag
Just moved from a 2018 Lunar Silver Hatchback EX to a 2019 Polished Metal Hatchback EX. Long story, but dealership did their best to make it work when Honda wouldn't deal with the issue I had, one that all civics supposedly have but nobody else cares about. LoL We tested a handful at the dealership and they did have the problem. It is the fact that some module in the dash (in the passenger compartment, not under the hood) is generating a huge amount of radio frequency interference and it gets into the AM radio if you listen to a non-local station where it is a bit weaker. It materializes as a buzz. The 2019 has the radio frequency radiation to a limited extent, but not nearly as strong and the radio doesn't pick it up. Maybe I'm the only Civic owner who listens to AM radio. LOL

Anyway, out Rockford way, but we get in to Six Flags on a fairly regular basis. :) I often will catch a shot of at least a few other 10Gen Civics when over that way. Not that these temperatures make one think about Six Flags, except hoping for warmer weather.
I live 10 mins from 6Flags. I listen to it in the summer for baseball games.

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
In addition to that, to sweeten the deal (it might sound crazy to pay the trade-up costs for just AM radio) but I got the color I really wanted, got the Honda Sensing features, and a model year newer. Oh, and the radio has a volume knob. LOL I don't care about that, but it's amazing how many people do. All in all, loving it, all the things I loved about my 2018 but none of things I didn't. And the dealership gave me what I thought was a great price on the 2019 plus a great trade-in on the 2018, so still feeling the #HondaLove.

I can't wait to take the drive down 173 to Six Flags using the Adaptive Cruise Control with Low Speed Follow.... That route usually is full of all kinds of annoying driving behavior, and this will help let the car deal with the faster/slower/faster/slower and not me. LOL
Sponsored