If your Civic SI is a lease and want good sound w/o upgrading sound system

leolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R FK8 2017
Country flag
Just did this "mod" and installed V4A on my 17' Type-R. It makes a huge difference, well spent money.

I did the settings that @WhiteSi posted, i have a Note 8. It works great over bluetooth with the volume at about 80% but if i increase it to 100% it seems to start clipping the vocals in songs with alot of bass. I love Android Auto and this works there aswell BUT, Android Auto sends the media over bluetooth and sets the volume to 100% and is unchangeable. I tried to fibble around with the V4A settings but can't really get it to work proper, any ideas of what to change?
Sponsored

WhiteSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Just did this "mod" and installed V4A on my 17' Type-R. It makes a huge difference, well spent money.

I did the settings that @WhiteSi posted, i have a Note 8. It works great over bluetooth with the volume at about 80% but if i increase it to 100% it seems to start clipping the vocals in songs with alot of bass. I love Android Auto and this works there aswell BUT, Android Auto sends the media over bluetooth and sets the volume to 100% and is unchangeable. I tried to fibble around with the V4A settings but can't really get it to work proper, any ideas of what to change?
Try Playback Gain Control or Master Gate Limited function to reduce gain to avoid clipping.

See this address just posted last page of this thread:
http://vipersaudio.com/blog/?page_id=43

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag

Had this same exact problem, took me a while to diagnose but basically turn off dynamic system it causes the problem you're having. and up the viper bass if you want more bass

I basically have whiteSi settings but here’s what I changed
Dynamic system : off
Viper clarity : XHiFi , 8db (I just like having clear voice)
Viper bass : 93 Hz, 14 dB

Last edited:

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black FI FC1 Si ✓
Wow, I haven't gotten it to "set and forget" and where its good across the board. But a super big thanks to @finallydrivingmanual @WhiteSi,. @davidgostbo @leolulz a everyone here. This has made a HUGE difference. Can't wait to put in the under seat sub to supplement and replace those paper cone rear speakers so my back passengers can enjoy hearing what I'm hearing in the front.

Last edited:

kibz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Is there a setting that you have to change on the HU to point to V4A as the default?

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a setting that you have to change on the HU to point to V4A as the default?
I used WhiteSi's settings as a startpoint and adjusted from there to my liking. Besides having the headset lock checked like WhiteSi mentioned, the only thing I know of that turns Viper4android on and off is the "master switch" in the app.

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know what settings should be on Viper4android on HU to FEEL the base instead of hearing it boom boom..? Lol
I think what youre imagining will require aftermarket mods like something in the JL Audio W7 series would do it for sure. Lol.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well you guys convinced me to hack so I'll do it later today when I'm off work. Especially since it works with android auto and I listen to a lot of Drum & Bass.

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well you guys convinced me to hack so I'll do it later today when I'm off work. Especially since it works with android auto and I listen to a lot of Drum & Bass.
Only problem I see with v4a and listening to d&b is you'll reach the ceiling of the stock system audio and the audio mod bug may start biting itching for more. Haha.

It'll be a night/day difference either way though.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only problem I see with v4a and listening to d&b is you'll reach the ceiling of the stock system audio and the audio mod bug may start biting itching for more. Haha.

It'll be a night/day difference either way though.
I'm sure. Just as with performance modding, always wanting more.

Had a modded 03 ram hemi with decent audio system, then I downgraded in sound with the 2016 EX-T (no sub). So the subwoofer in this 2019 Si Is definitely an upgrade from the 2016, but yeah I wouldn't doubt I'll want more once I plateau from this mod too haha

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gonna double post here. The improvement is fucking insane. Now the only thing I need to fix is that damn sub rattle and I think i'll be perfectly fine with the stock set up. (For now)

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Gonna double post here. The improvement is fucking insane. Now the only thing I need to fix is that damn sub rattle and I think i'll be perfectly fine with the stock set up. (For now)
People are having great success with a home made piece of foam cut into a wedge and jamming it between the sheet metal and the third brake light assembly here:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/touring-subwoofer-rattles.906/page-23

Personally I just unplugged the stock sub and tapped the wires to run to my amp to run an Alpine Type-R 12, now I can feel it!

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People are having great success with a home made piece of foam cut into a wedge and jamming it between the sheet metal and the third brake light assembly here:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/touring-subwoofer-rattles.906/page-23

Personally I just unplugged the stock sub and tapped the wires to run to my amp to run an Alpine Type-R 12, now I can feel it!
I have a 2019 Si Sedan, so my 3rd light is on the spoiler itself. I'll have to see if that works for me still tho or if there's an area to throw that in

leolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R FK8 2017
Country flag
What is your settings? I also listen to alot of drum & bass/EDM kinda music but still after alot of fiddling i can still experience some clipping in songs with heavy bass.

I'm from Europe, we don't get the subwoofer in the trunk :(
Sponsored