If you were selling yours...

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I know many are against this, but you could get it painted. I've seen some sweeeeet colors of R's on Instagram. That way you won't have to sell it! :) (and it's a more wife-friendly alternative instead of divorcing which was my initial thought lol) Yellow perhaps?
Sponsored

OP
OP
gjurrens

gjurrens

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Type R, 2016 White Orchid Pearl Civic
Country flag
I know many are against this, but you could get it painted. I've seen some sweeeeet colors of R's on Instagram. That way you won't have to sell it! :) (and it's a more wife-friendly alternative instead of divorcing which was my initial thought lol) Yellow perhaps?
We actually considered that, but then there’s the issue of the VIN. LOL

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
My wife (who owns both cars) listed the Aegean Blue 2019 on Craigslist Albuquerque, her Facebook page (Susanne Buchholz Maturo) and Autotrader. We’re getting a few nibbles already! Hopefully we can flip it quickly and put the money towards paying off the Rallye Red one. I’ve put a link on my N2GJ Twitter feed. Check out the details if you’re interested. Thanks folks!
What are you going to replace it with?

OP
OP
gjurrens

gjurrens

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What are you going to replace it with?
We bought a Rallye Red one & drove it home from Myrtle Beach, SC to Albuquerque, NM USA! 30 mpg over 1,939 miles. It was surprisingly comfy!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Strange you had to go that far. I'm seeing almost 400 R's on autotrader at the moment nationwide. 16 are within 300 miles of Phoenix. Did you get the best deal over there?

OP
OP
gjurrens

gjurrens

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Strange you had to go that far. I'm seeing almost 400 R's on autotrader at the moment nationwide. 16 are within 300 miles of Phoenix. Did you get the best deal over there?
We got a very fair deal there. We just happened to be there in MB & thought we could basically flip the blue one to pay off the red one. The blue one is fully paid for.

b534202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR WRX Legacy Hellcat LC500 GRC
Country flag
After I bought my CTR I had to sell my 9 month old ND Miata, and I listed only on cargurus.com. The free listing allowed 33 pictures which was more than other sites' free listings likes car.com and I ended up not having to pay any fees because the buyer and I completed the transaction in person. It sold within a month.

OP
OP
gjurrens

gjurrens

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gerry, beautiful car. Please send a private note and let's chat.
Thanks!
I don't want to sound dumb, but I don't know how to do a private message on this board! Could you PM me and I'll reply to you? Thanks!

OP
OP
gjurrens

gjurrens

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
After I bought my CTR I had to sell my 9 month old ND Miata, and I listed only on cargurus.com. The free listing allowed 33 pictures which was more than other sites' free listings likes car.com and I ended up not having to pay any fees because the buyer and I completed the transaction in person. It sold within a month.
Thanks! If Autotrader & Craigslist NM don’t pan out, we’ll give that a try.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
If you paint it it’s yours forever.

OP
OP
gjurrens

gjurrens

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sale? Ha! I'd get a divorce and keep both. ;)
So we decided to sell the Aegean Blue 2019 and keep the Rallye Red one. The original listed price when we posted it on Cargurus, KBB and Autotraders was $39,500. It has only 2670 miles on it since we got it in Dec. 2018. Here in Albuquerque, NM, these cars are very rare, so we thought it would be quick. Keep in mind, Honda just raised the price, and we have $2,500 worth of dealer-installed "Market Adjustment Options" pushing our investment over $41,000! (I know, our bad!) So we got one low-ball offer ($35k) whch we turned down. We dropped the price to $38k. I'd really like to sell it so we can pay off the red one! Any ideas what else we could do? BTW, we checked out Craig's List and Facebook and they're a waste of time and money and only generate SPAM calls from dubious persons. What is a mint condition R worth?! What else could we be doing?

OP
OP
gjurrens

gjurrens

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
BTW, I just added the car to Cargurus. Not happy about some aspects of their site.
I'm afraid the sites like Cargurus and Autotrader really cater mostly to dealers. The prices listed on these sites for used "R's" are astronomical! When I called them on it, like "How can you list a 2017 R with over 20,000 miles for $43k?" and call it a "Good Price," they sent me a BS bit of boilerplate about how much effort a dealer has to go through to "help" the customer through the buying process. What a joke!
Sponsored