gjurrens

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Type R, 2016 White Orchid Pearl Civic
Country flag
If you owned a pair of pristine 2019 Type R’s, one Aegean Blue, the other Rallye Red, & your wife loved red & hated blue which necessitated selling it, where would you sell your 2,600 mile, 6-month old beauty? KBB/
Honda Civic 10th gen If you were selling yours... 7F83AFB2-E03B-45BF-8CD1-8CF580F7D97A
Autotrader? Carmax? Car Gurus? Craig’s List? Facebook? Somewhere else? Multiples? I live in ABQ and no dealer in the state has one for sale. The only way you can get one in NM is to get on a list. That’s how we ended up with the blue one.
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Type R has amazing resale value so fortunately you'll end up getting a good price. If you want the most dollar for your ride, selling privately and listing on craigslist, cargurus, autotrader, and FB marketplace is your best bet. However if you just want to get rid of the car then going to a Honda dealer and selling it is not a bad idea as well, I would go to your local dealer and at least see how much they are offering for your car and go from there.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
List it everywhere. You can also try Carvana in NM; they're known for overpaying for pre-owned cars.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
Good question. I decided to list mine (pristine CW 2018) and on Cargurus. I'm actually scheduled to trade mine in up in Ohio this Friday for another car, which I've wanted for some time. But I figured, between now and then, it couldn't hurt to see if there's a better mark out there.

The dealer is giving me $33.750 for it, which is actually closer to $34,500 because of the tax savings here in NC. Best of luck with whatever path you choose.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah you won't have a problem selling it also take it too your local cars and coffee with a for sale sign..and car shows etc

OP
OP
gjurrens

gjurrens

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good question. I decided to list mine (pristine CW 2018) and on Cargurus. I'm actually scheduled to trade mine in up in Ohio this Friday for another car, which I've wanted for some time. But I figured, between now and then, it couldn't hurt to see if there's a better mark out there.

The dealer is giving me $33.750 for it, which is actually closer to $34,500 because of the tax savings here in NC. Best of luck with whatever path you choose.
Good luck!

OP
OP
gjurrens

gjurrens

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah you won't have a problem selling it also take it too your local cars and coffee with a for sale sign..and car shows etc
Great idea!

OP
OP
gjurrens

gjurrens

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My wife (who owns both cars) listed the Aegean Blue 2019 on Craigslist Albuquerque, her Facebook page (Susanne Buchholz Maturo) and Autotrader. We’re getting a few nibbles already! Hopefully we can flip it quickly and put the money towards paying off the Rallye Red one. I’ve put a link on my N2GJ Twitter feed. Check out the details if you’re interested. Thanks folks!
Sponsored