If you had 60k to spend on a different car..

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
Yes, the GT-R was my daily.
Mine was a '13.
I put just over 25,000 miles before selling due to a military move where there was no servicing dealer in the entire state.
Cost of ownership isn't that bad, especially for a car of that caliber. Oil change in my garage was $35. Front and rear differential fluid changes (every 36K miles for 2012 and up) were relatively expensive and required about 10 quarts of oil between the front and rear. It wasn't hard to find the fluid for $60 per quart. The brakes were probably the most expensive and you could get a solid set of pads for front and rear for between $300-$700. Very easy car to work on, not much different than ours. The only thing that will kill your wallet is" GT-R tax". It's a real thing. To sum that up, it's basically charging 5x more for a part because, well you know, GT-R. LOL, my advice, buy one and don't look back.
$35 dollar oil change?
Sponsored

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
In no particular order
Camaro ZR1
Caddy CTS-V
New Supra when it comes out
BMW M2
Keep my Si and build a gen 2 Viper GTS with gen 4 heads and twin turbos.
I'd like to see this Camaro ZR1 :).
I'd also like the M2 Competition package.

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
Came across a very interesting and helpful video. Likely wont apply to CTRs but may be helpful for others. It happens to star one of the cars a few folks mentioned here.

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Country flag
Gt350 no doubt. Or a ctsv wagon manual haha

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
I'm considering the Type R. I have had many sports cars of the years. Several Corvettes, Porsches AMG Mercedes. Sold my 2014 C4S in 2016 and for some reason this little Hot hatch has my attention big time. My question to all of you, and I understand Im on a Honda forum, is if you were currently back in the market for a car and had a budget of 60k what would you be considering? Im sure many of you are like me and after 6 months of ownership you have "other car envy'.. Is it crazy to think that some of you love this car so much that you would, if given the option, choose the TypeR over an Audi RS3, slightly used Camaro ZL1 or Corvette Grandsport, Mustang GT PP2. Before responding, there are lots of things to consider. I may occasionally track this car. I have three teenage kids and do I really want them asking for the keys to 650Hp? Will they be embarrassed that dad is driving a car with a wing. lol
I still own a 2010 GTI that my 17 year old drives. Miss the zippin around town feel of a hot hatch. I like the idea of 22+ miles per gallon. Escalade bothers me at 14mpg so I think the cars I listed above will just add to that. Anyway, sorry for the long winded "first post" on the forum but I'm seriously considering this car. Want to have something again in the garage that makes me just want to go for a Sunday drive and at 3117 lbs and 306bhp seems plenty for street legal driving. Lastly, three teenagers translates to 3 kids in college very soon so spending 35k vs 60k would be a good thing Thanks in advance
Tesla

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Up until recently I would have said Tesla Model 3 Performance. But after owning my CTR for a while, I think I'd really need something with a manual transmission. I also want something FWD or AWD for my winters, and not completely unpractical, so one of these?

WRX STI type RA
Veloster N
Focus RS
Golf R (do they still sell it with a manual?)

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Always wanted to do a 2000-2005 Mr2 spyder with a supercharged or turbocharged k24 swap.

Were we supposed to only buy a new car because I've got the only 3 I want for now. (Wouldn't mind selling the 911 for a McLaren but I'm poor)

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'm surprised to see so many of you guys say M2. Honestly, it's not a very good car.
unless i'm looking used, there really isn't much that attracts me in the 60k price range that sounds good (well not really so sure about the S55 but the N55 did lol.... ) and is fun to drive.
Lack of MT would steer me away from Audi (although they sound really good) and don't really care for domestics that are in that 60k range. If we are talking used, there's a plethora of cars i wouldn't mind lol.

The next step up would be the ZL1 1LE which i think is in the 75k range but if i am going up there, i rather spend more and buy my realistic dream car, a GT4 and call it a day lol.

Always wanted to do a 2000-2005 Mr2 spyder with a supercharged or turbocharged k24 swap.

Were we supposed to only buy a new car because I've got the only 3 I want for now. (Wouldn't mind selling the 911 for a McLaren but I'm poor)
never driven one with a K24 but a friend of mine has a 2zz swapped one and it's a really fun car. It feels so light on its feet and agile. A force inducted one would feel insane.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Gt350 no doubt. Or a ctsv wagon manual haha
The wagon is cool... Until you see it's fuel economy. I had a number of friends with CTS-Vs... Doesn't matter how lightly you drive that thing, it destroys gasoline. And when you're on it, seeing under 10mpg is completely normal. Guys would joke the fuel gauge moves as fast as the rpm gauge

You need a healthy budget to support the tire and fuel costs for the V.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm probably a super minority on this, but Porsche does very little for me. I find their cars do not age well when it comes to the looks departments.

I understand the need for keeping brand unity by having styling cues carry over from generation to generation, but fuck me, only the Germans take a design cue and hold onto it for 50 years. All their shit is just a new rendition of the previous. I know Porsche aficionados go crazy for that, but to me it just screams boring and unimaginative.

I love their engineering prowess, but beyond that, no thanks.
Sponsored