If you had 60k to spend on a different car..

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
If we're talking about 60k cars (although both the hell cat and ZL1 1LE is more like 70k), I feel like there are alot more fun/better handling cars out there compared to the hell cat.

I have never driven a hell cat or the ZL1 1LE so this is all based on assumption but I just can't imagine a hell cat being more fun to drive than a ZL1 1LE. Not to mention the 1LE looks INSANE. I'm not a fan of american cars but man the ZL1 1LE and the ZR1 just looks SO good.
Yes, they both do look damn good! Been trying to get my buddy to trade in his c6 zr1 for the new one.
I'm in love with the zl1 1le, I bet it'd be a hell of a lotta fun!
Sponsored

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
$60k...this is what I'd do: 1) buy a 2019 Sonic Gray Pearl Civic Type R, say $44k (includes ADM), then 2) spend $16k in Vegas on gambling, whores and blow :beer::beer: just kidding :D...I would, in all seriousness, stash away the $16k or invest it.

Honestly, how much of the $60k you want left after a few years? Probably a big percentage right. Ok, so you would want something slightly lesser production/more desirable/potentially "collectable". $60k just won't do it...you can maybe get a used M4, 911 or GTR, but they will probably render half its value in a few year, not to mention potential $$$ pit as well as loosing you ass off when you sell or trade in.

ZL1 1LE or GT350R would be more realistic cars that would, at least, maintain value, but those cars cost a bit more...say $75 to $85k. Similar to the CTR, if you can get it at MSRP, you're already ahead of the game.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
$60k...this is what I'd do: 1) buy a 2019 Sonic Gray Pearl Civic Type R, say $44k (includes ADM), then 2) spend $16k in Vegas on gambling, whores and blow :beer::beer: just kidding :D...I would, in all seriousness, stash away the $16k or invest it.

Honestly, how much of the $60k you want left after a few years? Probably a big percentage right. Ok, so you would want something slightly lesser production/more desirable/potentially "collectable". $60k just won't do it...you can maybe get a used M4, 911 or GTR, but they will probably render half its value in a few year, not to mention potential $$$ pit as well as loosing you ass off when you sell or trade in.

ZL1 1LE or GT350R would be more realistic cars that would, at least, maintain value, but those cars cost a bit more...say $75 to $85k. Similar to the CTR, if you can get it at MSRP, you're already ahead of the game.
There was a new beautiful black 18 ZL1 1LE that was selling for 71k that sat outside my local dealership for MONTHS until someone finally bought it. It always hurt my feelings every time I drove by and it was out there. It was like an unwanted child. But when it was finally gone it still hurt my feelings cause I could no longer look at it. Ugh I wanted that car so damn bad.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
There was a new beautiful black 18 ZL1 1LE that was selling for 71k that sat outside my local dealership for MONTHS until someone finally bought it. It always hurt my feelings every time I drove by and it was out there. It was like an unwanted child. But when it was finally gone it still hurt my feelings cause I could no longer look at it. Ugh I wanted that car so damn bad.
I want one so bad too...
The looks is so menacing and has the performance to back it up all for ~70k... it's insane.

I'd prefer the ZR1 over the ZL1 but the cost is almost double that of the ZL1 ...

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I want one so bad too...
The looks is so menacing and has the performance to back it up all for ~70k... it's insane.

I'd prefer the ZR1 over the ZL1 but the cost is almost double that of the ZL1 ...
Well yeah I would too but the price tag of the camaro is way more realistic.... even though I couldn't afford it either unless I made some serious sacrifices cause I'd have to keep the ctr too.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I'm considering the Type R. I have had many sports cars of the years. Several Corvettes, Porsches AMG Mercedes. Sold my 2014 C4S in 2016 and for some reason this little Hot hatch has my attention big time. My question to all of you, and I understand Im on a Honda forum, is if you were currently back in the market for a car and had a budget of 60k what would you be considering? Im sure many of you are like me and after 6 months of ownership you have "other car envy'.. Is it crazy to think that some of you love this car so much that you would, if given the option, choose the TypeR over an Audi RS3, slightly used Camaro ZL1 or Corvette Grandsport, Mustang GT PP2. Before responding, there are lots of things to consider. I may occasionally track this car. I have three teenage kids and do I really want them asking for the keys to 650Hp? Will they be embarrassed that dad is driving a car with a wing. lol
I still own a 2010 GTI that my 17 year old drives. Miss the zippin around town feel of a hot hatch. I like the idea of 22+ miles per gallon. Escalade bothers me at 14mpg so I think the cars I listed above will just add to that. Anyway, sorry for the long winded "first post" on the forum but I'm seriously considering this car. Want to have something again in the garage that makes me just want to go for a Sunday drive and at 3117 lbs and 306bhp seems plenty for street legal driving. Lastly, three teenagers translates to 3 kids in college very soon so spending 35k vs 60k would be a good thing Thanks in advance
your kids will like the Mustangs, Vettes, and ZL1, but they will LOVE the $35k type R...sorry, I didn't read this post all the way thru, but yes, always have reserve for family emergencies! The question now is, will you let them drive you Type R? :)

demoPEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2014 Ninja 300 SE
Country flag
You should be able to find a 12'-13' lightly modded GT-R for $60-$65K and then talk them down closer to $60K. I miss the hell out of mine and if somebody buys my '18 CW CTR, I'll get back in one. Don't get me wrong, I love my CTR, but the GT-R is on a different level (but at 2x the cost). It's the only car I've ever regretted selling...
Did you daily your GTR? What year was it, how many miles did you put on it and what were the ownership costs like?
Sorry for the slurry of questions, but I will be looking to purchase one in the next 5 years or so. Haven't started doing any serious homework on it though but am curious to get a former owners perspective. Thanks.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Not even a question, looks drop dead gorgeous (especially in this color), can easily be tuned to 800+ hp with simple bolt ons and it sounds like a dream...In fact i'm in the market for one at the moment so fingers crossed!

Honda Civic 10th gen If you had 60k to spend on a different car.. RS7

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
RS7? $115k+
I'm talking about a used example. 2014-2015 RS7's are selling within the $60K price range and there isn't much of a difference between a '14 RS7 and a new one besides new headlights/bumpers and I think a power increase.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
just wait 2-years; half the value will be lost and you can probably get it for $70k...Biggest $$$ loser, just like the M5!
I'm already taking advantage of the depreciation, prices are pretty doable with 50-60K for a couple year old RS7, hell of a deal.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Ah, I see. Yeah, that's your best bet there.

Someone has a white one in my area that I see from time to time. Thing looks like it'll eat you alive! It has such a presence about it.
Yup, I honestly think its one of the best looking Audi cars ever made next to the R8. I know they redesigned the A7 recently but the previous generation's sharper lines and edges just look way better to me than the redesign.

Last edited:

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Last edited: