If you get your recall done be prepared to wait.

sigomez

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R; Lexus RX350
Country flag
Not sure if you financed or not but American Honda paid for my rental....they even called to set up the recall appointment.
Sponsored

sigomez

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think the dealership screwed up on mine...going back this afternoon.

The gears seem to hang and the indicator on the dash that tells you what gear you are on is now missing.

Last edited:

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Honda, you guys have get handle on this SHIT!!!
Replacing the entire harness is causing more issues!!!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
I know you guys read this forum!!!!

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Honda Corporate went as far as to call me at my work on the work line. I expressed my concerns about the repair and said I will wait until I get a check engine light to avoid headaches and also don’t want to be the dealers guinea pig. She asked if she can call me back in 2 weeks and said she won’t give up until my name is off her list.

What a pain in the a$$!!!!!

sigomez

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Corporate went as far as to call me at my work on the work line. I expressed my concerns about the repair and said I will wait until I get a check engine light to avoid headaches and also don’t want to be the dealers guinea pig. She asked if she can call me back in 2 weeks and said she won’t give up until my name is off her list.

I wish i would have followed your lead...Dang it.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag

me too...I've never got a check engine light with the rev match...I expressed my concern as well...was it Brenda from Honda NA?

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
me too...I've never got a check engine light with the rev match...I expressed my concern as well...was it Brenda from Honda NA?
D’ Andrea..

Every time a dealer touches my car there is always a scuff, scratch, grease stain, broken clamps, missing bolts etc. I am ocd to say the least but will avoid this headache as long as possible.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Most dealers have a driver that can take you home if within so many miles
Update. American Honda called me to confirm my "Product Update" appointment tomorrow morning. I let them know I was having issues finding a ride back to work, all my Execs are out of town right now, and she asked if I would like a Loaner Car tomorrow. Now when I've asked before they didn't have one and I am too far for a ride. Now, I get that loaner cars are probably reserved for those who are coming in for Warranty or Product Updates and since this was the case the dealership is lending me a car tomorrow.

Cliff Notes: American Honda and Space Coast Honda came thru with a Loaner Car for me tomorrow.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
My service adviser originally said it would take half the day on a Saturday. I get a call in the afternoon saying they'll need it until Monday and to come pick up a loaner. Just a heads up.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda called me agin about getting the recall done on my CTR. I told them my commuter 18 SI has a oil leak and I scheduled a appt to get it diagnosed and repaired and if the dealer does ok I’ll think about having my CTR recall done.

I dread dealer visits and repairs!!

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks.
Just curious, do you have any issues with your transmission?
I get occasional notchy gear changes but no lockouts and no grinding that wasn't my own fault being lazy on the clutch. The two grinding instances I can recall were when I was just putting around and it was a 2-3 shift, not 1-2 and in this car you do need to be a little more deliberate with shifts whereas in my TL, I can be lazy as hell and it'll still go in, yet ironically that transmission will fight me on 1-2 upshifts once every 1000 shifts. Very rare, but it happens. So far, no such issues with 1-2 in the CTR. I am also of the mind that winding out 1st in the CTR is pretty much pointless - short shift it at 6k and get to 2nd in a good powerband, then wind out 2nd, 3rd, and 4th if you have the room :)

sbkhoun

SB`
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Accord CTR
Country flag
Taking mine in this coming Friday, and they said this is their first Type R... ever :/

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag

Yeah but now if something tears up. They have it on record you refused a recall repair. If something fails related to that they could always say well we contacted you you knew about it and refused the repair. Why wait and chance a greater problem or damage to the engine? Mines been done and everything is fine. My dealer this was thier only type R recall as well and they did fine.
Sponsored