If you get your recall done be prepared to wait.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Brought my R in for the harness recall. Been 6 plus hours now with master mechanic and it's still being worked on. Think mines thier first one. Sigh... hope it's all put back together right when done. Anxiety .... ugh...
Sponsored

Dustyroads

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, 323 GTX
Country flag
I'm having mine done right now and they need it overnight. They have already done two though. Tech called in a "major hassle".

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm having mine done right now and they need it overnight. They have already done two though. Tech called in a "major hassle".
Took them 7 hours with lunch. Looks good. I'll post pictures after bit. Way beefier professional looking harness then what was there.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen If you get your recall done be prepared to wait. 20180910_175930
View attachment 114976
This the new harness. Dont have pic of old but it was basically tape two wires and a zip tie. So yes this is much more robust and professional. And yes the tech said is a major pain to do and looked aggravated as crap once he was done.

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
20180910_175930.jpg
View attachment 114976
This the new harness. Dont have pic of old but it was basically tape two wires and a zip tie. So yes this is much more robust and professional. And yes the tech said is a major pain to do and looked aggravated as crap once he was done.
This is what my old harness looked like.

Honda Civic 10th gen If you get your recall done be prepared to wait. 53CC9656-90AF-4A82-8271-1C8D33423EDB

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Salespunk

First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, Ram 2500, 328 Wagon
Country flag
Does anyone know if this has to be done prior to sale of a new vehicle? Picked mine up Saturday, need to look and see if it has been replaced or if there was a running change at the factory.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Wow! This requires the entire harness replacement? Dang :doh: I've just postponed mine today. Was suppose to drop off at SF Honda, but decided to cancel. Shock that someone answer the call at 6am tho.
It was nerve racking leaving the car at the dealership to get this done. You don’t know if they are going to do a good job, break stuff or you leaving with a different problem then you came in with. It’s a gamble. My car took two techs and 7 hrs to get this done since they never worked with this layout before. One was checking the service repair guide and the other was doing the hands on. The car seems to be running ok with no CEL . It doesn’t look like they have broken any clips or missing any bolts.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow! This requires the entire harness replacement? Dang :doh: I've just postponed mine today. Was suppose to drop off at SF Honda, but decided to cancel. Shock that someone answer the call at 6am tho.
It was an extensive process. There are wires that go everywhere. They had it up and down on lift several times and 7 hours

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
It was nerve racking leaving the car at the dealership to get this done. You don’t know if they are going to do a good job, break stuff or you leaving with a different problem then you came in with. It’s a gamble. My car took two techs and 7 hrs to get this done since they never worked with this layout before. One was checking the service repair guide and the other was doing the hands on. The car seems to be running ok with no CEL . It doesn’t look like they have broken any clips or missing any bolts.
It was an extensive process. There are wires that go everywhere. They had it up and down on lift several times and 7 hours
Thanks for the heads up...allows me to rethink this thru a little.
I think I'm holding off for another month or two before I reschedule. This should give the techs time to do a few more cars, but it is still very hard to drop off the car for this kind of work tho...this is excruciating :banghead:

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up...allows me to rethink this thru a little.
I think I'm holding off for another month or two before I reschedule. This should give the techs time to do a few more cars, but it is still very hard to drop off the car for this kind of work tho...this is excruciating :banghead:
Just make sure you scedual for first thing in morning or they will need to keep your car over night because of time required. If you go nbn in first thing they can do it same day. Did mine one day did not have to leave because I got in at 8 a.m.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Just make sure you scedual for first thing in morning or they will need to keep your car over night because of time required. If you go nbn in first thing they can do it same day. Did mine one day did not have to leave because I got in at 8 a.m.
excellent point...definitely will schedule for early a.m..
Sponsored