I want to lower my ctr with springs , will it clear ?

5280fk8

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Hey what’s up guy , I currently am running 18 9.5 in rim size , and 265/35/18 in tire size . I want the best quality ride for my car and I’m thinking about the eibach springs . Maybe even the spoon . Will my fenders rub since my tires stick out a little bit ? Will it clear ? What do you guys think ?

Honda Civic 10th gen I want to lower my ctr with springs , will it clear ? 4B7AABBE-E649-42F3-9792-3966FD200E88
Sponsored

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
There's a lot of information in the aftermarket wheel thread and master spring thread, but it depends on your offset. I'm guessing you have Work Emotions and a +38 offset? If that's the case you might rub, depending on if your 265/35 runs wide or not. A few people have reported no rubbing on that setup with those kinds of springs and some have said they have light rubbing.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
You forgot the offset which is one of the most important parts. Also tire brand, not all 265s are created equal. They don’t appear to be a nicer performance tire though

OP
OP
5280fk8

5280fk8

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r
Country flag
There's a lot of information in the aftermarket wheel thread and master spring thread, but it depends on your offset. I'm guessing you have Work Emotions and a +38 offset? If that's the case you might rub, depending on if your 265/35 runs wide or not. A few people have reported no rubbing on that setup with those kinds of springs and some have said they have light rubbing.
Damn forgot to write the offset . Yes you are correct 38 offset and they are little wider . Do you know by any chance if the R, comfort, and sport mode are affected by the springs ? Will it still work properly ?

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Damn forgot to write the offset . Yes you are correct 38 offset and they are little wider . Do you know by any chance if the R, comfort, and sport mode are affected by the springs ? Will it still work properly ?
You'll retain the modes with springs, they will just feel different since you're changing the spring rates and stuff.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You'll retain the modes with springs, they will just feel different since you're changing the spring rates and stuff.
^^^ what he said, I was looking at the Eibach springs for a while but everything I have read people say they are fine with a 18x9.5 and around that offset.

I decided to get the ground control sleeve coilovers though for camber adjustment and to corner balance it. Also allows you to keep comfort, sport and R settings on suspension. Waiting on winter to be over so haven't installed yet :(

OP
OP
5280fk8

5280fk8

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r
Country flag
^^^ what he said, I was looking at the Eibach springs for a while but everything I have read people say they are fine with a 18x9.5 and around that offset.

I decided to get the ground control sleeve coilovers though for camber adjustment and to corner balance it. Also allows you to keep comfort, sport and R settings on suspension. Waiting on winter to be over so haven't installed yet :(
Damn can’t wait till you post pics of the drop , I understand I can barely get a car wash in here in Colorado lol , but yea honestly I was thinking about going with spoon springs sounds like there the best on the market . But with a 38 offset my tires stick out a little . I might have to get some fender work done if I go that route .

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn can’t wait till you post pics of the drop , I understand I can barely get a car wash in here in Colorado lol , but yea honestly I was thinking about going with spoon springs sounds like there the best on the market . But with a 38 offset my tires stick out a little . I might have to get some fender work done if I go that route .
Drop will likely be the same as Eibach springs or even less. I'm going for speed not looks lowering it too much isn't going to help as much vs keeping proper suspension geometry.

OP
OP
5280fk8

5280fk8

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Drop will likely be the same as Eibach springs or even less. I'm going for speed not looks lowering it too much isn't going to help as much vs keeping proper suspension geometry.
I’m looking more into lowering with springs because of the huge wheel gap I have from switching to 18s . Not looking to lower to much just eliminate that gap .

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m looking more into lowering with springs because of the huge wheel gap I have from switching to 18s . Not looking to lower to much just eliminate that gap .
Yea I switched to some 18” TE37s as well

typeroar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Even though Eibach and Spoon are similar drop wise since the Eibach has higher spring rates would that make the Spoon more prone to rubbing on bumps and while cornering since they aren’t as stiff?

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about the ground control. Don’t drop as low as advertise, bouncy, clunking noise, rear springs moves around and more

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well that’s concerning.

OP
OP
5280fk8

5280fk8

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Yea I switched to some 18” TE37s as well
Those are beautiful , wanted those originally but was a little out of my price range . I had to stick with the works . How much of a drop did you go ?

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Those are beautiful , wanted those originally but was a little out of my price range . I had to stick with the works . How much of a drop did you go ?
Still haven’t lowered it waiting for spring
Sponsored