First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Beautiful car! Looked at them before buying the Si but sunroof and price difference landed me in the Si. How you come out on the trade?

OP
OP

slinarez12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civis Si Sedan
Country flag
Beautiful car! Looked at them before buying the Si but sunroof and price difference landed me in the Si. How you come out on the trade?
Thanks! Came out pretty good, only owed $300 more than what the Si was worth. BRZ was their last 2018 model so I got 6k off msrp :thumbsup:

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
BRZ's are just begging for a turbo/supercharger lol. One of the best RWD platforms you can buy tbh, so much modding potential because of the immense aftermarket support.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Congratulations! I made the same trade a few months ago.

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
I was gonna buy a new 86 or brz. They look so good. I just wish they had more power. Unless you supercharge or turbocharge them they are just way to slow for my taste. Still love how they look though

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
nice. I was actually debating on getting a new brz with a performance package and boosting it instead of buying the Z but ultimately decided against it because "carb".
They are so fun to drive but it's just way too slow for me in stock form :(

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I would say they are about as fast as an Si, but they just deliver the power differently.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
nice. I was actually debating on getting a new brz with a performance package and boosting it instead of buying the Z but ultimately decided against it because "carb".
They are so fun to drive but it's just way too slow for me in stock form :(
The Z has always been on my list when shopping for a vehicle, but it's just too dated and gets the same gas mileage as a v8. The insurance for me is very expensive as well.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
The Z has always been on my list when shopping for a vehicle, but it's just too dated and gets the same gas mileage as a v8. The insurance for me is very expensive as well.
the gas mileage is definitely harsh lol. Not my daily so i don't have to worry about it too much thankfully lol. The interior/motor, everything is pretty dated like all Nissans.

I wouldn't mind trading in the ILX for a brz though as a fun daily. It's nice looking, fun, and the power probably wouldn't bother me too much as a daily. The recent revision with the head/tail lamps and the final drive was a good one.

natice04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic type R, 2016 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
I wanted a Brz/FRS when they first came out, but when it came time to buy, I wanted a sedan, plus the dip in torque was a deal breaker. They should have fixed the motor years ago.
So the Si was better on power delivery, torque, and MPG, which made my decision easy. This car is a better daily driver and a better all around package, with potential for more power.

OP
OP

slinarez12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civis Si Sedan
Country flag
I wanted a Brz/FRS when they first came out, but when it came time to buy, I wanted a sedan, plus the dip in torque was a deal breaker. They should have fixed the motor years ago.
So the Si was better on power delivery, torque, and MPG, which made my decision easy. This car is a better daily driver and a better all around package, with potential for more power.
Yea you’re right, that’s why I picked the Si originally. I had the Si for a year and something was still missing for me. I picked it for more logical/practical reasons but my heart belonged else where lol. I’m happier with the BRZ and it’s more my kind of car. Plus, I knew no matter how much I built out the Si it would always be wrong wheel drive!

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Before I bought the Si I was seriously looking at the 370Z, took several for test drives, I still like the car, great lines. I also took the BRZ for a test ride. I didn’t like the BRZ at all, the ride was just too rough, too much noise, not for me, it’s a roadster. I took the Si for a test ride and I was sold. Much more smoother and quiet than the 370Z, handled better, much better gas mileage, front wheel drive, Honda reliability and the price was about $6K less. I still like the 370Z but for me the Si was a better choice.