I think I snapped a rod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Are you going to try and argue the Honda Civic Type-R is not a performance car? Because the last I checked it performs pretty good.
It is a hopped up economy car just like an STI or EVO. A performance car is a purpose built platform like a GTR, Corvette, M3, 911, Etc.
Sponsored

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
@gtman ..

You said that 90% of these blow ups are fbo tuned cars. Apparently if intake only and a base map, thats ok, according to you.

Wait, that sounds like your setup. So you should be fine, keep telling that to yourself and you will believe it eventually.

The other poster just posted a few threads were base maps blew motors too. We can agree to disagree on this, because as i said its the torque that blows up motors not intercoolers or ethanol or other fbo parts.

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
True that.

They blame the driver to appease themselves that their tuned cars may not suffer the same faith cuz the driver is different.
Lol and I don’t know why you silly stock riders find the need to hop on every thread about a tune or anything that goes wrong while tuned.
It’s a given when tuning a vehicle that you could have problems. It’s a learning experience. Obviously why we tune is lost on people like you. So do everyone a favor and just don’t read threads like this.

go make a Show off your stock Civic thread and take your denizens with you.

back on topic. Hopefully we learn more OP.

kpzcivic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport hatch
Country flag
Are you going to try and argue the Honda Civic Type-R is not a performance car? Because the last I checked it performs pretty good.
Nobody is arguing and I wasn't referring to the Type-R.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
@gtman ..

You said that 90% of these blow ups are fbo tuned cars. Apparently if intake only and a base map, thats ok, according to you.

Wait, that sounds like your setup. So you should be fine, keep telling that to yourself and you will believe it eventually.

The other poster just posted a few threads were base maps blew motors too. We can agree to disagree on this, because as i said its the torque that blows up motors not intercoolers or ethanol or other fbo parts.
Please read all those linked threads in detail. They weren't as straightforward as you think.

As far as telling me my thinking is wishful, that's not the case. I've made an educated decision that the risk is worth the reward.

Last edited:

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Lol and I don’t know why you silly stock riders find the need to hop on every thread about a tune or anything that goes wrong while tuned.
It’s a given when tuning a vehicle that you could have problems. It’s a learning experience. Obviously why we tune is lost on people like you. So do everyone a favor and just don’t read threads like this.

go make a Show off your stock Civic thread and take your denizens with you.

back on topic. Hopefully we learn more OP.
What are you on man? Can you read English? Did you read this thread or just wanted your voice heard?

I am fbo on e50 and dont have a civic.

Maroons will stay maroons.

@gtman.. no i didnt read all the threads. Its common sense that if you tune a car that chances of blowing up will increase. Unlike you i accept that its the tune, why is my belief less important than yours?

You repeating nonmeasurable personal beliefs doesnt make it a fact. Thats only YOUR assessment of things. Apparently other ppl disagree including me. Pardon us for disagreeing.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I am fbo on e50 and dont have a civic.

Maroons will stay maroons.
And there's the rub. You spout off about the dangers of tuning the tenth gen Civic and you've never even owned one.

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@FlexRex
15 minutes ago
↑
True that.

They blame the driver to appease themselves that their tuned cars may not suffer the same faith cuz the driver is different.

Lol don’t have a civic on a civic forum.
Tuned and here passing judgment on people that tune.
Bro you’re like a Jenner. You can’t figure out what you are.

most of the time it’s the driver pushing the vehicle over its limit. (Not saying it’s that reason in this case. )I mean if you tune a car and don’t drive it...it won’t blow up would it. LOL.

Last edited:

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Insults.. the tool of choice for losers of arguments.

I guess if i bought a civic and snapped on an intake and bought ktuner id know all about civicx and tuning them. And id be safe, cuz base map and intake is ok says someone..

Stupid me.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I hate that we have to constantly go back and forth between defending and arguing about tuned vs non tuned. @Honda_RacerX will you kindly fuck off, your comments are not helpful. You start this shit in every blown thread. If you don't tune or mod then this thread DOES NOT CONCERN YOU. I would like to get back on topic and actually learn why this motor blew instead of going on a pointless tangent that will get this thread locked by a mod. This thread should be about research NOT OPINION! :topic:
You're speaking to a guy who is tuned on Hondata. Granted, I am running the stock equivelant tune now with increased throttle response and NLS, but I was running the +6 basemap for about 3k miles.

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're speaking to a guy who is tuned on Hondata. Granted, I am running the stock equivelant tune now with increased throttle response and NLS, but I was running the +6 basemap for about 3k miles.
Your warning to possible tuners is noted.
However, we’re actively derailing this thread and turning it into a debate and I accept that I was part of this problem.
That wasn’t the intent of OP post. As for the rest of us, every thread like this is valuable learning information.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
@gtman ..

Basic intake mods and the most popular tune on the forum on my Civic and many others here. 30k so far with half on that map. How soon do you think my engine will blow?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.