amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I wonder if the aftermarket companies that push their performance parts feel any type of guilt in these blown engines...nah guess not

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the aftermarket companies that push their performance parts feel any type of guilt in these blown engines...nah guess not
It would be interesting to hear from JR or Doug or D-Rob or PRL or 27Won or MAPerformance as far as where they feel the maximum power numbers are in terms of preventing failure of the stock internals.

Even though I'm only running the TSP Stage 1 and no other performance mods beyond a drop-in and silicone intake hose ... these threads get my attention for sure.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:( Sorry to learn. Op is also on e85 tune, right?

Makes me question whether to unhook my Ktuner OTS Stage 2 tune from a CVT EX-T for the sake of some peace of mind.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
:( Sorry to learn. Op is also on e85 tune, right?

Makes me question whether to unhook my Ktuner OTS Stage 2 tune from a CVT EX-T for the sake of some peace of mind.
I think he is E30 or E40. He was having issues with E85

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Here we go fucking again! Ive been telling you guys this with almost every new blown engine thread that someone makes on this forum. RUNNING MORE BOOST THAN STOCK WILL BREAK THESE RODS!

Whether you drive it hard or not, these tunes will blow our engines eventually. And I highly doubt pookie abused his Si anyways.

Im sorry this happened to you man, the L15 bottom end just wasnt designed to handle more boost from the factory. Ppl can be in denial all they want, but the truth is the truth.

This by far isnt the first, and definitely won't be the last thread of this happening.
TSP Stg1 map 3 daily, so far so good. Over 15k miles on the map.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Checking the OP post history, looks like he had a recent error code, and had at least one custom tune he was unhappy with. Those events could have all slowly done damage over time.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Checking the OP post history, looks like he had a recent error code, and had at least one custom tune he was unhappy with. Those events could have all slowly done damage over time.
Good observation. Didn't seem like things were running right post ktuner. Based on his previous threads.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
Here we go fucking again! Ive been telling you guys this with almost every new blown engine thread that someone makes on this forum. RUNNING MORE BOOST THAN STOCK WILL BREAK THESE RODS!

Whether you drive it hard or not, these tunes will blow our engines eventually. And I highly doubt pookie abused his Si anyways.

Im sorry this happened to you man, the L15 bottom end just wasnt designed to handle more boost from the factory. Ppl can be in denial all they want, but the truth is the truth.

This by far isnt the first, and definitely won't be the last thread of this happening.
Im still learning here, but it seems that ethanol and/or custom tunes are a big contributing factor also

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

these are people on stage 2 and beyond(custom tunes beyond 21 psi)

how many base maps have broken a rod yet? Or even stage 1.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Im still learning here, but it seems that ethanol and/or custom tunes are a big contributing factor also
Yeah, it seems like every blown thread situation involves ethanol, meth, or anti lag. I don't think I have seen any thrown rods on stage 1 or reputable bolt ons. I am noticing a Injen intake on ops car. Aren't their intakes not good for our cars?

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, it seems like every blown thread situation involves ethanol, meth, or anti lag. I don't think I have seen any thrown rods on stage 1 or reputable bolt ons. I am noticing a Injen intake on ops car. Aren't their intakes not good for our cars?
Injen intakes are
Honda Civic 10th gen I think I snapped a rod... 85Z66mZ

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Ethanol and intakes and other fbos dont snap rods. Torque does.

Push the limits and sometimes you end up pushing beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.