• Poll closed .

Odom45

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx 2.0 ivtec, 2017 Honda civic ex-t 1.5 turbo
I tried to vinyl wrap, cut the hood with my buddy, so I plasti dipped because it looked simple enough, right? Wrong! I always kept doing " just one more thing"and would mess it all up at the end. Back to vinyl wrap and messed it up again ( more cuts )...in between got Ebay stuff,and Amazon fender flares, tried to sand the clear coat on my hood to correct cuts, plasti dipped interior, had an exhaust tip fall off on the freeway with my wife following and almost hit our ex-t civic. This was my "mid life crisis projec" and it's a major disaster / epic fail oof all time in the universe when speaking of car mod attempts (cosmetic only). I get weird looks from neighbors and laughed at by friends and family!! Smh...is there anyway someone for a reasonable amount could help me get this right and stop looking like an idiot? I want to do it and be involved but have knowledgeable help and guidance without giving up. IM IN TOO DEEP! my foot is in my mouth already. I'm pot committed and refuse to quit. Anybody in the south sound area in Washington that can save my self respect and lend a hand (for compensation of course), I would be ever so grateful and appreciative for your pity on my prideful ignorance that has shamed me so far. Not that serious yet, but getting pretty close to it, lol. Thanks for any help or guidance in advance.

P.S. - My Wife is pissed and I gotta hear it daily. I am going deaf here please help me!!! Lol
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yikes. Any photos showing where you are currently at with it? That would help someone determine what they may could help with or recommend.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried to vinyl wrap, cut the hood with my buddy, so I plasti dipped because it looked simple enough, right? Wrong! I always kept doing " just one more thing"and would mess it all up at the end. Back to vinyl wrap and messed it up again ( more cuts )...in between got Ebay stuff,and Amazon fender flares, tried to sand the clear coat on my hood to correct cuts, plasti dipped interior, had an exhaust tip fall off on the freeway with my wife following and almost hit our ex-t civic. This was my "mid life crisis projec" and it's a major disaster / epic fail oof all time in the universe when speaking of car mod attempts (cosmetic only). I get weird looks from neighbors and laughed at by friends and family!! Smh...is there anyway someone for a reasonable amount could help me get this right and stop looking like an idiot? I want to do it and be involved but have knowledgeable help and guidance without giving up. IM IN TOO DEEP! my foot is in my mouth already. I'm pot committed and refuse to quit. Anybody in the south sound area in Washington that can save my self respect and lend a hand (for compensation of course), I would be ever so grateful and appreciative for your pity on my prideful ignorance that has shamed me so far. Not that serious yet, but getting pretty close to it, lol. Thanks for any help or guidance in advance.

P.S. - My Wife is pissed and I gotta hear it daily. I am going deaf here please help me!!! Lol
sounds like a nightmare.
If you haven't done it before, or you're making second guesses, you should probably leave it to a professional. If you aren't good at cars, that's your queue.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
vinyl is a bitch, I have only wrapped the little eyebrows on the grille and the front H. the main part of my grille is still chrome because I F'd up and had to pull the vinyl and haven't given it another shot yet.

OP
OP

Odom45

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sounds like a nightmare.
If you haven't done it before, or you're making second guesses, you should probably leave it to a professional. If you aren't good at cars, that's your queue.
Its definitely a nightmare but only to surface stuff not engine related I am in deep enough to go to maco maybe twice lol but still to turn the corner on it by June if j find some help

OP
OP

Odom45

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vinyl is a bitch, I have only wrapped the little eyebrows on the grille and the front H. the main part of my grille is still chrome because I F'd up and had to pull the vinyl and haven't given it another shot yet.
I did alright in a couple areas with vinyl but co wraps and other you tube guys do it so well that you believe you got it down one missed step or lack of knowledge can cost alot of time not to mention money. What brand vinyl did you use. I did vividly,vivid xpo, diyah, and a cheap one I actually found best to work with behind xpo but never a perfect result always ehh ok at best. Plastidip has been my down fall and most expensive error to fix alot of factors to use it and get a good result I actually had it looking good once but then my one thing syndrome got the best of me and it's been a down hill slide since.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd still like to see where you are now so that we can make more specific recommendations.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its definitely a nightmare but only to surface stuff not engine related I am in deep enough to go to maco maybe twice lol but still to turn the corner on it by June if j find some help
MAACO is trash for auto refinishing. Literally giving your car a 98 Honda civic Paint job.

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
Going to need photos to provide any useful tips. People mess up all the time on DIY mods, but nothing that can’t be rectified.

OP
OP

Odom45

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd still like to see where you are now so that we can make more specific recommendations.
Send your email I'll send you a picture but online no thanks lol embarrassed to do that

OP
OP

Odom45

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're in Olympia you've probably already seen it driving around downtown.
Sponsored