2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
So I was talking to my wife about getting a android head unit for our civic and she tried to surprise me with this one
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273944678106

I have tired to install it and I can’t get the rear view camera to work or the radio to work. Any help?
Looks like a nice unit ( Nice wife )

So, what does work .. does the screen light up.. does the touch screen work ?

Camera is going to need a control input of +12v , typically from the Reverse lights.

Radio . maker sure you have set it to correct country, and that the antenna is plugged in.
Can you actually get the Radio to display, or is the problem, just not Radio sound ?
Do both AM/FM not work. DAB probably needs an adapter, that is an extra accessory.

You should,be able to contact the manufacturer/distributor for help.

DO NOT rule out that the unit is defective .. the 1st China head Unit I purchased was BAD from the Factory -- they exchanged it for a new one that did work.

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
So, what does work .. does the screen light up.. does the touch screen work ?

Camera is going to need a control input of +12v , typically from the Reverse lights.

Radio . maker sure you have set it to correct country, and that the antenna is plugged in.
Can you actually get the Radio to display, or is the problem, just not Radio sound ?

You should,be able to contact the manufacturer/distributor for help.

DO NOT rule out that the unit is defective .. the 1st China head Unit I purchased was BAD from the Factory -- they exchanged it for a new one that did work.
It all turns on and the touch screen works fine. I can go through settings and stuff like that. Just no radio signal all of them are static and for the camera. I thought it would just connect to the harness wouldn’t it? Or do I need to run a separate connection for it to work ?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
It all turns on and the touch screen works fine. I can go through settings and stuff like that. Just no radio signal all of them are static and for the camera. I thought it would just connect to the harness wouldn’t it? Or do I need to run a separate connection for it to work ?
It is meant for your Car, so all the harness should be supplied and correct -- no extra wires should be needed.

Reverse camera may only come on when rear reversing lights come on (or they may come on when car is put in reverse). Does the display change at all, ie go Black ?
Is camera plugged into correct Video input socket ?

Is radio set for your Country ? ( different countries have different frequencies and channel spacing) - remember -- Made in China -- could be set for any country !!!

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
It is meant for your Car, so all the harness should be supplied and correct -- no extra wires should be needed.

Reverse camera may only come on when rear reversing lights come on (or they may come on when car is put in reverse). Does the display change at all, ie go Black ?
Is camera plugged into correct Video input socket ?

Is radio set for your Country ? ( different countries have different frequencies and channel spacing) - remember -- Made in China -- could be set for any country !!!
The screen turns black but doesn’t actually show a picture at all. I have tried to change the connects around but no luck and for the radio I will look into changing that. I didn’t even think about that.

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Maybe this is the issue? This piece connects to the back of the new unit but doesn’t have anything to connect to. I really don’t know much about installing these things lol. So would I be missing a piece ?

Honda Civic 10th gen I need help!! AAF2033B-6749-41F1-8E12-79C882B71477

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What TRIM model is your hatchback ?? The new Radio you got will not work with the PR
Maybe this is the issue? This piece connects to the back of the new unit but doesn’t have anything to connect to. I really don’t know much about installing these things lol. So would I be missing a piece ?

AAF2033B-6749-41F1-8E12-79C882B71477.jpeg

LOL .. I was just about to send YOU that Picture, with the Antenna cable marked.

The TOP silver bit plugs into the radio, and the other end, that is a small co-axial connector plugs into the car harness, to the plug that was plugged into the Honda head unit. That Honda plug goes to the Car's Antenna.

Plug that in, and you should receive some radio !!!

You also need to use the cable to the left, which plugs into the Car's harness for the Honda Reverse camera. The yellow end will plug into the new head Unit, a Video INPUT .. (video 1 ?)

I think with that, you should be up and running.

Last edited:
OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
What TRIM model is your hatchback ?? The new Radio you got will not work with the PR

LOL .. I was just about to send YOU that Picture, with the Antenna cable marked.

The TOP silver bit plugs into the radio, and the other end, that is a small co-axial connector plugs into the car harness, to the plug that was plugged into the Honda head unit. That Honda plug goes to the Car's Antenna.

Plug that in, and you should receive some radio !!!

You also need to use the cable to the left, which plugs into the Car's harness for the Honda Reverse camera. The yellow end will plug into the new head Unit, a Video INPUT .. (video 1 ?)

I think with that, you should be up and running.
Okay I will give that a try. The cable that’s marked doesn’t have anything that will connect to it. It won’t plug into harness.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Okay I will give that a try. The cable that’s marked doesn’t have anything that will connect to it. It won’t plug into harness.
look again.. it should be there --- it's the original cable from the antenna, that plugged into the back of the back of the Honda head unit.

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
look again.. it should be there --- it's the original cable from the antenna, that plugged into the back of the back of the Honda head unit.
It’s female to female tho and that won’t connect together lol.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s female to female tho and that won’t connect together lol.
It connect to one of the MALE yellow ends as shown below

Honda Civic 10th gen I need help!! camera-cable

The only connector you will be using on the supplied cable assembly with the 3 yellow Female connectors, in the audio jack socket, for the Microphone , if you use their Microphone. Not sure how it wires if you use the Honda Mic.

Radio working now ??

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But does it have this photo?

s-l1600.jpg
Photo pfffft -- How about as an Animated Wallpaper !!! :rolleyes1:

Looks like his model comes with a Blonde ...
Honda Civic 10th gen I need help!! s-l1600

Looks like you got the UPDATED (Better) version :thumbsup:

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
It connect to one of the MALE yellow ends as shown below

camera-cable.jpg

The only connector you will be using on the supplied cable assembly with the 3 yellow Female connectors, in the audio jack socket, for the Microphone , if you use their Microphone. Not sure how it wires if you use the Honda Mic.

Radio working now ??
I thought you were talking about the radio cable. That’s the one that doesn’t have anything to connect to.
Sponsored