I need help. Would this rim fit '17 Hatch EX?

yohazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am new to rim/tires and been researching past couple days.
https://www.unleashedwheels.com/cosmis-s1.html

finally found the wheel I like. ( still deciding on color)
here is the spec.
Cosmis S1 18X9.5 5x114.3 ET15 CB73.1
My question is would it fit the EX hatch without isssues (rub or ..)? with 15mm offset (I am still dull about offsetting wheels)
and what tire size should I get?

Honda Civic 10th gen I need help. Would this rim fit '17 Hatch EX? cosmis-s1-white
Sponsored

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Offset on the stock EX 17 x 7 wheel is 45mm, so between the wider wheel and 15mm offset, the wheel will poke out over 61mm more than stock. That's significant, and would most likely cause rubbing issues.

You can play with the calculator on the following site: https://www.willtheyfit.com/

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm running 18 x 9.5 et +35 on my Si Sedan and I had rub only when I hit a dip going faster than 30 MPH. I eventually pushed back the tabs that the screws just above the side marker go into, deeper into the fender well, and do not get any rub at all anymore, no matter the speed.

At +15, you're going to have significant poke fitment of the wheel outside of the wheel well if that is what you are okay with that. I have a mild amount of poke that I enjoy because of the aggressive stance.

I'm running 235/40 size tires all around. It is a definite tire stretch and you're going to feel a lot more of the road. If you go bigger than that, you will get rub without any fender modification.

If I were in your position, I would go 18 x 9 for a better fitment, or do the 9.5 width with a higher offset (more positive).

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am new to rim/tires and been researching past couple days.
https://www.unleashedwheels.com/cosmis-s1.html

finally found the wheel I like. ( still deciding on color)
here is the spec.
Cosmis S1 18X9.5 5x114.3 ET15 CB73.1
My question is would it fit the EX hatch without isssues (rub or ..)? with 15mm offset (I am still dull about offsetting wheels)
and what tire size should I get?

cosmis-s1-white.gif
anything under +27 offset will cause rubbing if it's 9.5 wide. The farthest I've gone with a 9.5 wide was +27 and +30 offset in the front. You will experience the tire rubbing against your Inner-fender liner to the point that the tire completely wears through and makes a hole. You can get away with a +30 or +35 in the front and as far as a +25 in the rear.
The perfect fitment I had was using a 18x9.5 +35 and the factory 235/40zr18 Goodyear EagleSports.
Check out my garage so you can see my fitment on the wide wheels, as i no longer have them and went back to stocks and spacers. Also keep in mind when I had the wide wheels I was slammed on coilovers. I've since then, went up about an inch all around, and installed an exhaust with less ground clearance, so this is as long as I go.
Sponsored