i give up on this Touring subwoofer vibration....

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I am done trying to find ways to make this vibration go away. I have tried the homemade wedge, the doorstops, the little padded pad things, socks, foam..All of it was just a temporary fix.. Honda has taken it apart several times and padded it, and also they have replaced the rear shelf 3 times.It has been 1.5 years and I am done. The Honda field tech came out and agreed they cannot fix it. I was told to take it to a stereo shop of my choice for them to fix it and they will pick up the cost 100%. I will be dropping it off next Monday and I am guessing they will Dynamat the crap out of it. I don't care how they fix it, I just want to enjoy my music for once.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
3years? the car havent even been out that long

get the dealer to put that on writing that they will pay for it before you take it to another shop

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
3years? the car havent even been out that long

get the dealer to put that on writing that they will pay for it before you take it to another shop
SORRY MEANT A YEAR AND A HALF..LOL.. I work for an Audi dealership and Honda is in our group. They are the ones taking it to the shop.

MadHatter

First Name
MadHatter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I am done trying to find ways to make this vibration go away. I have tried the homemade wedge, the doorstops, the little padded pad things, socks, foam..All of it was just a temporary fix.. Honda has taken it apart several times and padded it, and also they have replaced the rear shelf 3 times.It has been 1.5 years and I am done. The Honda field tech came out and agreed they cannot fix it. I was told to take it to a stereo shop of my choice for them to fix it and they will pick up the cost 100%. I will be dropping it off next Monday and I am guessing they will Dynamat the crap out of it. I don't care how they fix it, I just want to enjoy my music for once.
I just bought a used 2016 touring last weekend...On Monday I ordered some of those gummy bear/adhesive things on Amazon. Really hoping they works... No fun to have such a nice sound system with a rattle....I'm hoping it's just the hard plastic in the back dash...???

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Well the stereo repair shop called and they stated they put some dynamat and some expanding foam between the rear shelf and the metal panel it sits on and are awaiting it to dry completely to see if it works. Fingers crossed. Said if not my other 2 options would be to remove the sub from the shelf and put it in a box in the trunk that would eliminate the shelf vibration and would cost me about $200 or so, or get a much better sounding subwoofer and put it in a box and it will run me around $400-$500.. My fingers are crossed but if not at least I tried every option and will probably go with the upgraded sub in a box. I love my music loud with hard hitting bass.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
my car has been at the stereo shop since Monday morning, it is now Thursday afternoon. I talked to the guy yesterday and he stated the vibration in the rear shelp was horrible. He said they used Dynamat and some type of expanding foam and got the major stuff fixed but it brought on more minor vibrations elsewhere that he wanted to get before I pick it up. Hoping to get the car back today but still don't have full faith in it working since all the failed fixes from Honda that lasted a few weeks only to come back again. Cost is about $280, which Honda is paying for since they could not fix it. We will see

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Well picked up car from stereo shop and sounds great so far. fingers crossed.. cost to repair was $ 180.00, which Honda is paying for.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen i give up on this Touring subwoofer vibration.... FBC8738F-9B03-453E-B3FF-DEB2FC7BDED1
Honda Civic 10th gen i give up on this Touring subwoofer vibration.... A83D8E11-02B4-47B4-924F-D98840282CED
Honda Civic 10th gen i give up on this Touring subwoofer vibration.... 87FBE88A-57DF-4D29-BDA6-2B571F3CAC62
So this fixed 90% of the really offensive rattle that sounded like plastic slapping against plastic. There is definitely still some vibrational noise but for now this stopped the worst of it. Honda really needs to get their act together. I test drove a 16 when they came out and then picked up my 17 expecting it to be fixed and nope. Just as bad. Any experience with the 18’s? It looks terrible but what it stops is worth it.

Honda Civic 10th gen i give up on this Touring subwoofer vibration.... 0AB28B3D-7148-4BB7-8B40-284743383B25

jayz536

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Went to the dealership last week for the same issue, they said they couldn't replicate it, so I showed the mechanic the issue and agreed that it is indeed an issue. I was told they are ordering a part (not sure which) and I have to wait till it arrives.

Mhowe23

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
I bought a 2017 touring. I just had Honda replace my rear shelf about a month ago. It sounded amazing and all of the rattling was gone. But it's now starting to come back again and that replacement shelf only lasted a month or maybe even less
Sponsored