ssjoeboe9

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-r FK8
Country flag
Sometimes we try our best to protect the ones we love, and inevitability it's our own doing that causes them to get hurt the most. Trying to hug the curb as tightly as possible to prevent door dings from other vehicles, I ended up curbing my front passenger wheel. Sad day, I didn't buy the wheel insurance ("I'm a great driver, why would I waste money on that...")

I was switching out to my winters and had the time to work on these so I decided to tackle the project myself. Picked up some Berlina Black NH-547 Touch Up paint from Honda, and got some quick steel off of Amazon. Here were the results:

Honda Civic 10th gen I fixed my curb rash for $18.87 IMG_8116.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen I fixed my curb rash for $18.87 IMG_8117.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen I fixed my curb rash for $18.87 IMG_8118.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen I fixed my curb rash for $18.87 IMG_8119.JPG

Wet/Dry sand with 220 & 400 Grit Sanpaper before application of Quick Steel
Honda Civic 10th gen I fixed my curb rash for $18.87 IMG_8121.JPG

Quick Steel application
Honda Civic 10th gen I fixed my curb rash for $18.87 IMG_8122.JPG

Wet Dry Sandpaper on the quick steel
Honda Civic 10th gen I fixed my curb rash for $18.87 IMG_8123.JPG

Apply Paint
Honda Civic 10th gen I fixed my curb rash for $18.87 IMG_8124.JPG

Apply Clear Coat
Honda Civic 10th gen I fixed my curb rash for $18.87 IMG_8126.JPG

Final Result:
Honda Civic 10th gen I fixed my curb rash for $18.87 IMG_8127.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen I fixed my curb rash for $18.87 IMG_8134.JPG

Judo

First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50S
Country flag
That’s pretty good. I also have a nik from a rock. Not too noticeable but I might fix it this way.

snoflewis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP CTR
Country flag
Sometimes we try our best to protect the ones we love, and inevitability it's our own doing that causes them to get hurt the most. Trying to hug the curb as tightly as possible to prevent door dings from other vehicles, I ended up curbing my front passenger wheel. Sad day, I didn't buy the wheel insurance ("I'm a great driver, why would I waste money on that...")

I was switching out to my winters and had the time to work on these so I decided to tackle the project myself. Picked up some Berlina Black NH-547 Touch Up paint from Honda, and got some quick steel off of Amazon. Here were the results:
how does the Berlina Black look on the wheel from further away? curbed my wheel on the 3rd day of ownership..looking for a fix that makes me look like a slightly better driver than i am

OP
OP
ssjoeboe9

ssjoeboe9

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-r FK8
Country flag
how does the Berlina Black look on the wheel from further away? curbed my wheel on the 3rd day of ownership..looking for a fix that makes me look like a slightly better driver than i am
Berlina Black is the paint code for the wheels, and it's a perfect match. Depending on how badly you curbed the wheel, you might be able to get away with just painting, without doing the putty, or some other filling/sanding process. You would be hard pressed to find the spot I fixed. Even after just a few hours being away and coming back to look at the wheel, I struggled a bit to find the spot I had worked on. So to answer your question, it's indistinguishable from a perfect finish from over 1ft away.

snoflewis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP CTR
Country flag
Berlina Black is the paint code for the wheels, and it's a perfect match. Depending on how badly you curbed the wheel, you might be able to get away with just painting, without doing the putty, or some other filling/sanding process. You would be hard pressed to find the spot I fixed. Even after just a few hours being away and coming back to look at the wheel, I struggled a bit to find the spot I had worked on. So to answer your question, it's indistinguishable from a perfect finish from over 1ft away.
Awesome thanks. Can you share where you picked up your paint and clear coat?

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Nice - did you end up having to touch up the red stripe on the wheel? Is that Rally Red?

OP
OP
ssjoeboe9

ssjoeboe9

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-r FK8
Country flag
Nice - did you end up having to touch up the red stripe on the wheel? Is that Rally Red?
Yeah rallye red. I bought it just in case, I wasn’t sure how well my repair was going to go. I was afraid I might get some black onto the red stripe. I didn’t end up needing to use it, my rash only messed up the black, and my repair went smoothly . But for an extra $12 it gave me peace of mind. And I’ll already have the paint should I need it in the future.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is that the same black that's on all the GenX wheels, like the Si?

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would have to confirm. Give me the part number of the Si wheels.
not sure if this is right...got it off of a 3rd party site:
OE Part Number: 42700TGGA71, 42700TBFA91
couldn't find it elsewhere...thanks!

maverick

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR
Country flag
Thanks for confirmation of the wheel touch up paint! Going to get some from a dealer next time I'm in for service.