DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
While I couldn't agree more with your comments and the end of the commercial your post is going to raise some controversy! There was already a thread here about "Do you eat in your CTR?" which was quite funny.

If I owned a $300k+ Ferrari/Lambo/Bentley/Rolls/or other exotic I would probably still eat in it when necessary. Blasphemy? Maybe, but if I could afford one of those cars I could afford to have it detailed/cleaned/massaged any time I wanted!

The CTR is a nice car, but it is NOT "a precious"! Hell a crap load of pickups on the market now cost more than a CTR and I bet they get eaten in. Drive and enjoy the car. If you want to keep it a "pristine untouchable" and refuse to let anyone eat in it fine your choice. Otherwise life is going to happen. BTW the Japanese engineers think Americans are barbaric because we do eat in our cars. Years ago there was some deal with seat belt buckles not latching properly and the engineers were shocked to find potato chips, peanuts and other various bits of snack items inside the buckles causing them to malfunction. It was a hilarious read.

To each their own.
Too transport food is one thing, but there's no reason you should have to eat in your car. Sure, one off long trips or something but even then, the range of the Type R is not that far on one tank of gas so probably don't need too. never liked transporting anything smelly in a car anyway personally. (I'm looking at you, yeah you, stinky)

That being said, I always have the semi-insulated grocery bags in the car. They work really well for groceries and anything you might have to transport. They zip up and are sturdy. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071ZNFVMD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Even had things spill in them, and not a single drop out of them, but always on the Husky- mats as well. ( or in the Honda cargo holder in back)
Sponsored

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Well maybe its karma for always throwing your trash on the ground? There are these things called trash cans.
Reading comprehension of a brick wall.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
While I couldn't agree more with your comments and the end of the commercial your post is going to raise some controversy! There was already a thread here about "Do you eat in your CTR?" which was quite funny.

If I owned a $300k+ Ferrari/Lambo/Bentley/Rolls/or other exotic I would probably still eat in it when necessary. Blasphemy? Maybe, but if I could afford one of those cars I could afford to have it detailed/cleaned/massaged any time I wanted!

The CTR is a nice car, but it is NOT "a precious"! Hell a crap load of pickups on the market now cost more than a CTR and I bet they get eaten in. Drive and enjoy the car. If you want to keep it a "pristine untouchable" and refuse to let anyone eat in it fine your choice. Otherwise life is going to happen. BTW the Japanese engineers think Americans are barbaric because we do eat in our cars. Years ago there was some deal with seat belt buckles not latching properly and the engineers were shocked to find potato chips, peanuts and other various bits of snack items inside the buckles causing them to malfunction. It was a hilarious read.

To each their own.
Agree - but i NEVER eat in my cars, period. The way I drive it's impossible!