I drove my CTR 700 miles home

romulanvox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord CL7A JDM
Country flag
@foxxdie , how's the responsiveness of the engine brake? As in, when you lift your foot off the gas, do you feel the car slow down immediately? Some cars engine braking effect is muted which I dislike.
Sponsored

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
@foxxdie bought it and picked it up, I happened to stop in and the car was there and we met. I bought mine in Syracuse, just waiting for it to be delivered in either July or August. I live in Lancaster so I will be driving mine around out here!
Fox? Lamacchia?

Congrats, bud.

OP
OP

foxxdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#0817 CTR
@foxxdie , how's the responsiveness of the engine brake? As in, when you lift your foot off the gas, do you feel the car slow down immediately? Some cars engine braking effect is muted which I dislike.
As someone who is arguably not the best manual driver, I can vouch for it being pretty responsive. Depending on what RPM you're sitting at it'll give you different results obviously, but after just driving it for a few days now it's easy to get a good feel for what to expect from it.

romulanvox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord CL7A JDM
Country flag
As someone who is arguably not the best manual driver, I can vouch for it being pretty responsive. Depending on what RPM you're sitting at it'll give you different results obviously, but after just driving it for a few days now it's easy to get a good feel for what to expect from it.
That's great! I always prefer to use engine brake over the brake pedal as I feel is a smoother way to drive on normal roads.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
"Hello gas stations..." :lol:

Thanks for the share. Since all I drive are 3 older Honda's I wonder if I'll even notice any of the vibrations you mention. :p

RE-71R's and Hoosier tires - welcome to my world of picking up paint and anything else on the road. When the new Hoosier A7 came out, I was in Lincoln, NE for the Solo Nationals on the ocean of concrete which literally had turned into an ocean. I was driving in at least 2 inches of water and my damn Hossiers were still picking up stones as I did 5 mph back to my paddock space. They're nuts but damn that grip...Love it!

Enjoy and thanks again!

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
@foxxdie I'm not sure if it's already been asked and I missed it somewhere, but did you happen to use painters tape in attempt to protect the paint from debris?

OP
OP

foxxdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#0817 CTR
@foxxdie I'm not sure if it's already been asked and I missed it somewhere, but did you happen to use painters tape in attempt to protect the paint from debris?
I had thought about some form of protection, but ultimately I drove my ctr home naked. I walked a few laps around the car every time I stopped and didn't notice any problems. My luck will definitely run out so I've been looking around Charlotte for a good shop.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
I had thought about some form of protection, but ultimately I drove my ctr home naked. I walked a few laps around the car every time I stopped and didn't notice any problems. My luck will definitely run out so I've been looking around Charlotte for a good shop.
Gotcha. I'm mostly scared of semis kicking up rocks lol. Thanks for the response as usual.

y4ngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR
Country flag
I get my car back tomorrow from Sunstoppers South End. So far it's been a good experience and they even post pictures of the progress on instagram.

Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch Sport Touring; 14 370Z Nismo
Country flag
Congrats and welcome!