I am sooooooooo glad I waited for the 2019 Type R.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
dam i am glad i waited 30 years for a cell phone now i dont have that motorola dpc-550.
ROFL your shit is funny, but no really everytime i think of the new volume knob i think my car looks sleeker with less nipples sticking out.
I mean its a known fact now everyone that bought a 17 or 18 , a 2020-21 model will have more changes

I might keep the car or upgrade , just depends what the new STI has to offer.
I will never drive a VW or a NISSAN unless its a GTR
Sponsored

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Aren't all you gents glad you waited for the 2019 model year after seeing the updates and upgrades?
I mean it now comes with a real "VOLUME KNOB" and upgraded infotainment system, and some differences to the climate controls.
I despise an on screen volume slider.....it's almost worth upgrading to the 2019 just for that volume knob, and definitely for the transmission fix.
Also, I've read that the new 2019's have a different part number for the transmission, so hopefully they have fixed all the transmission issues.
Plus....that Sonic Grey Pearl paint looks amazing and is definitely the way to go.
I like a paint that changes color in different lighting conditions.
So the moral is....."Good things come to those who wait", and "patience is a virtue."
Man, I have a 2018 with zero transmission issues. The car is a blast. The volume thing is insignificant. It’s crazy how people make so much do about nothing.

If I didn’t have my 2018, I would buy a 2019, volume knob or not. If I didn’t have a 2018 and a 2019 and there was a 2018 in my color for MSRP and a 2019 in a different color also for MSRP, and I couldn’t find my color for MSRP anywhere else as a 2019, I would buy a 2018 with no hesitation.

Moral of the story is, it’s the same car with less than your run of the mill model year to model year enhancements. Pick your poison, you never know what can of worms the 2019s come with either.

Did you actually buy it, or are you just talking?

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
I shopped a 2018 and 2019 side by side. Picked the 2018 because it was CW, no red for me!

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Picking up my champ white 19 today! I was super relieved that they didn't change much because I was worried they would tone down the styling or change out to those other headlights. Would have grabbed a 18 if there was one available in CW for msrp or close.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
LMAO I guess it's worth the wait if a volume knob is a must-have. The buttons on the steering wheel works just fine. No regrets having owned the R for 16 months. While you waited, most of us have already been enjoying what the car has to offer.

eshults5

First Name
Eugene C Shults
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Volume is on the steering wheel though.

I got my 2018 for under MSRP anyway, can't complain. Those are minor things that I wouldn't want to wait around for.

skankmanky

Typ._.Arr
First Name
JD @typ._.arr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM FK8 Type R
Country flag
Personally I think the new knob and button setup on the 19's look out-dated. It looks so much cleaner with just a screen.

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
What would be even funnier if Honda locked the ECU for good on the 2019,
I’d feel sorry for whoever owns this car.

Never had a grind, this rumor has been started by people who cant drive a stick
Not true. Mine did brough it to dealer a d they replicated it.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Congrat!! Post pics (especially the famous vol knob, plz...) and share what you will add to it, tint? clearbra? any bolt-on? :thumbsup:

Picking up my champ white 19 today! I was super relieved that they didn't change much because I was worried they would tone down the styling or change out to those other headlights. Would have grabbed a 18 if there was one available in CW for msrp or close.

sosoye

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, S2000, Turbo Miata
Country flag
i use the steering wheel to adjust volume > using the touch screen.
Alot more convenient and you dont have to take your eyes off the road.
no one really needs a volume "knob"

JudgeCrater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Ridgeline, Accord
Country flag
I admit this is a tough crowd and I would like a proper volume control on my 2016 Coupe but, that gray looks like Navy surplus "Battleship Gray" paint to me.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
I admit this is a tough crowd and I would like a proper volume control on my 2016 Coupe but, that gray looks like Navy surplus "Battleship Gray" paint to me.
I think some people are getting into the battleship look on cars/trucks given the factory/studded widebody stance

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Earth to Type R owners...

Honda Civic 10th gen I am sooooooooo glad I waited for the 2019 Type R. 3RQYJKn

Pretty clear the OP was just trolling. Look at his profile. Says he drives a Lada.

The guy is probably jerking off looking at the 5 pages of replies his stupid post has gotten.
Sponsored

Last edited: