I’m official...dove in today!!

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
Decided to act now instead of waiting for a 2019.
Scooped up a CW moments after it came off the carrier. $3k over, no accessories.
Dealer handles it as first come first serve; no deposits or waitlist. Picking up Friday after I get back in town. It’s gonna be a long week.
Never have I bought before test driving so I’m a little nervous about letting go of my touring V6 coupe trade in. She’s been good to me... fingers crossed I made the right choice. Can’t wait to find out
Sponsored

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I bought mines the same way too. Mines was the first batch to arrive in California and I was anxious. Did not test drive or seen how it looked like in person. No regrets at all. :drive:

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome to the club! :headbang: You will quickly fall in love with the Type R, don’t worry. ;)

dohcredsol

First Name
dohcredsol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
Went to the Honda dealership and bought my R off the showroom floor with no test drive. I drove the RS and I swear the R feels much faster.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
also bought with no test drive. You won't be disappointed, it was everything I expected it to be.

I see your also a ILX owner :wave:

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
There were none on the showroom floors for me to test drive but it did not matter bc I was going to get one anyway. R’s were pre-sold before they even got to the dealership when I was shopping for them.

Congrats and welcome to the club. You are going to have a BLAST in your new FK8

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No test drive here either. I bought the first one to show up at the dealership & watched them back it off the truck. I also traded in my '14 Accord V-6 for this car with no regrets. Congratulations!

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
congrats and I bought mine the same way. Drove mine home 400Km and fell in love the whole way.

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
Drove mine off the showroom floor. Zero regrets. Enjoy being able to put down the power to the ground. While I love the V6 Accord, it greatly struggles with it! Welcome to the club and enjoy! Lots of pictures too!

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Went to the Honda dealership and bought my R off the showroom floor with no test drive. I drove the RS and I swear the R feels much faster.
Most dynos I've seen show the RS putting the same or slightly less horsepower to the wheels than the R and it weighs 400lbs more...so yeah, if the R has traction, the RS is in trouble.