First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The HPDE event I'm going to in September requires numbers approximately 10" high to be displayed on the side of the car. I can buy magnetic numbers, but I'm not 100% certain I will do this enough to justify $60 in magnetic numbers. Even worse, if my number is taken sometime, I'm stuck with unusable numbers.

Anyway. What do you guys use? They said painter's tape or racing tape is fine, but I'm not sure I want to drive an hour with numbers on the side of my car. State Troopers might not appreciate that.
Sponsored

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can apply tape at the track pretty easily.....

most autoXer end up with magnetic numbers, you can make them yourself if you by some magnetic vent cover or something at homedepot....

k757

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic hatch
Country flag
the typical autoX magnets are not rated for track speeds. The odds are they will fly off.
Use painters tape on the rear door glass and stick on when you know your number when you get to the track.

I have had some clubs hand out free numbers and/or you can buy from them for $1 per number

garf117

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si sedan; 2000 Civic si
Country flag
Bring a roll of painters tap with you. Go to sign in and see what numbers you can choose from. 11 is by far the most common for obvious reasons, but try and stick with 1, 0, 8, 7 and other numbers that are easy to quickly do.

the typical autoX magnets are not rated for track speeds. The odds are they will fly off.
Use painters tape on the rear door glass and stick on when you know your number when you get to the track.

I have had some clubs hand out free numbers and/or you can buy from them for $1 per number
I have magnet numbers and have never heard of them flying off. Been doing 130mph on the back straight of Road Atlanta and mine were fine, saw probably a dozen people running them and no one had any issues.
Sponsored