HP/TQ gains from Ktuner on stock HB Sport

SonicDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6 M/T
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Tuning Newbie here and I had some quick questions as I found the Ktuner site a little bit confusing in terms of stating what the gains are(not used to looking at Dyno Charts). I plan to leave my HB Sport(6 M/T) stock and was wondering what the actual gains i would see using just the Ktuner ( stage 1/2) would be, also will running these tunes shorten the life of turbocharger/stock engine parts? forgive me if these are stupid questions, TIA
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Tuning Newbie here and I had some quick questions as I found the Ktuner site a little bit confusing in terms of stating what the gains are(not used to looking at Dyno Charts). I plan to leave my HB Sport(6 M/T) stock and was wondering what the actual gains i would see using just the Ktuner ( stage 1/2) would be, also will running these tunes shorten the life of turbocharger/stock engine parts? forgive me if these are stupid questions, TIA
This thread with 3rd party results breaks the gains down into numbers, for those who can't read charts.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/ktuner-v1-v2-units-stage-1-2-results.10147/

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Just flashed mine last night to the stage 2 map provided, best bang for your buck hands down(2018 6MT Hatch Sport) however I suggest staying away from stage 2 seeing as it put me at the point of clutch slip. Good excuse to upgrade the clutch though :headbang::headbang:

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
Just flashed mine last night to the stage 2 map provided, best bang for your buck hands down(2018 6MT Hatch Sport) however I suggest staying away from stage 2 seeing as it put me at the point of clutch slip. Good excuse to upgrade the clutch though :headbang::headbang:
whats your peak boost on the stage 2 tune? I'm running a custom e85 vittune and the highest i have seen is 23.5psi. I still don't have any cluch slip yet...

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
whats your peak boost on the stage 2 tune? I'm running a custom e85 vittune and the highest i have seen is 23.5psi. I still don't have any cluch slip yet...
Well crap... I've babied this car until last night so I know it's not from my driving. But to answer your question, I saw the boost climb into 23 but couldn't tell to the tenth since it shuddered in and out so quick. I'm sure Honda won't fix my clutch since I've flashed now and I'm unsure whether they can tell if an ecu has ever been flashed.

DarthHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch Sport Manual
Had a Hatchback Sport 6mt with stage 2 and everything was good until I started to use early spool then I started to notice the slip when wot on lower RPMs, I will say stay away from early spool and wot on lower rpms, just rev it up a little if you want to have fun, By the way I trade it for an SI and so far no slip running 23psi

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I haven't adjusted anything outside of the preset parameters. It seems some people have stronger oem clutches and some are weaker. Very inconsistent it seems, I'll see if Honda will cover it, if not I'm buying an fx350 any ways so it is what it is lol. That's the chance we take!

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I haven't adjusted anything outside of the preset parameters. It seems some people have stronger oem clutches and some are weaker. Very inconsistent it seems, I'll see if Honda will cover it, if not I'm buying an fx350 any ways so it is what it is lol. That's the chance we take!
I would think that Honda would not cover it because there is nothing to cover. The slip probably didn't hurt the clutch at all so when you flash the car back to stock the dealer probably can't get it to slip. I guess your options are to downshift when you go WOT in one of the high gears or get the upgraded clutch.

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to try to flash back to factory to see, there's a good bit of slip even on stage 1 flash regardless of what gear I'm in, so I'm assuming it will probably also slip under a factory tune now. I'll be getting the fx350 either way though.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
no issues with my 19 HB sport slipping the clutch yet. Been running stock/21 psi map for 2-3k km now with early spool stage 2 but I don't let it go over 5 psi under 2500rpms at any time.
Sponsored