Country flag
I don’t know ...
well a lx is about $19,000
My mods are around
Aem intake $270
Downpipe $400
Tune $300

So all this just get to the 1.5 turbo stock
That costs around $21,000 .. I think it can’t be compared ...the turbo just has more tuning advantage because of the turbo
They priced th downpipe at 400??
Sponsored

k20martinez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Well when horse power and torque per dollar is the topic at hand and someone asks what’s more feasible. Which would be the 1.5t. Choose whatever you will.
Dollar to dollar yes but an na won’t always need as much power and torque than a turbo at the same time

sampark81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
Just buy the 1.5 turbo. You’ll spend more money on the 2.0 n/a to achieve the same numbers. Way more money, I’ve done the math already.
Okay so the thing about this is that for many tuners its not about about how much power and torque the car comes with stock. In a sense, yes. you will spend more money to achieve the same numbers on the k20c2, but the thing is the 1.5t is not an ideal car to tune because honda has decided to change things up between the 1.5t and the 2.0l. for example, direct fuel injection. the 2.0l comes with port injection, which handles power better and is more beneficial in terms of tuning and reliability. so if you are willing to drop some $ and stay "safe", then i would recommend you to go with the 2.0l with manual transmission rather than the 1.5t. in my personal (not to upset anyone) opinion, i would say the 2.0l has much more potential than the 1.5t but many major companies likes to promote and encourage the 1.5t because of the turbo and its ability to make more power than the 2.0l.

k20martinez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Okay so the thing about this is that for many tuners its not about about how much power and torque the car comes with stock. In a sense, yes. you will spend more money to achieve the same numbers on the k20c2, but the thing is the 1.5t is not an ideal car to tune because honda has decided to change things up between the 1.5t and the 2.0l. for example, direct fuel injection. the 2.0l comes with port injection, which handles power better and is more beneficial in terms of tuning and reliability. so if you are willing to drop some $ and stay "safe", then i would recommend you to go with the 2.0l with manual transmission rather than the 1.5t. in my personal (not to upset anyone) opinion, i would say the 2.0l has much more potential than the 1.5t but many major companies likes to promote and encourage the 1.5t because of the turbo and its ability to make more power than the 2.0l.
Well yea it’s a turbo engine from Honda something they haven’t done in a while but they did a good job with this one but it’s easy to upgrade with bolt ons any car could be safe with tuning just depends how aggressive you go with it but as time goes on we'll see how long the turbo could last

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
It’s all about tuning and fuel honestly, there no other way to put it. Good tuner and using the right fuel each fill up and doing your maintenance properly and you’ll never have to worry.

OP
OP
cheng115

cheng115

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX MT
Sooo.. what you're saying is that the 2.0l is better to tune even though the 1.5l turbo can generate more power when tuned? Not sure I quite get this argument. Why is it safer to tune the 2.0l? What do you mean by more potential? More potential power?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Sooo.. what you're saying is that the 2.0l is better to tune even though the 1.5l turbo can generate more power when tuned? Not sure I quite get this argument. Why is it safer to tune the 2.0l? What do you mean by more potential? More potential power?
I can see why you are confused, as he doesn’t make much sense. Basically he’s saying port injection is better and “safer” and more reliable then direct injection, which I find to be false. Port injection may have its pros but it’s not hands down better.

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
He is saying if you spend like $30,000 take apart the 2.0l block and replace every single part of the engine and add a turbo, and do the same thing with the 1.5l block, the 2.0l block will have more power.

Like at $0, the 1.5t makes more hp/tq than the 2.0

at $1,000 the 1.5t makes more hp/tq than the 2.0

But at the very top end like $30,000 the 2.0 will make more. When does it cross over is more of a debate that I don't have the experience to answer.

OP
OP
cheng115

cheng115

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX MT
He is saying if you spend like $30,000 take apart the 2.0l block and replace every single part of the engine and add a turbo, and do the same thing with the 1.5l block, the 2.0l block will have more power.

Like at $0, the 1.5t makes more hp/tq than the 2.0

at $1,000 the 1.5t makes more hp/tq than the 2.0

But at the very top end like $30,000 the 2.0 will make more. When does it cross over is more of a debate that I don't have the experience to answer.
Someone help me sell my 2.0... lol so I can get the hatchback!

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i'll just say it again if the 2.0 was available in the hatch and there was a tune at the time , i might have gotten the 2.0. i had the 2.0 MT in the 16 sedan for a year and it wasn't the engine i wanted to trade in.

Sitio23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EX Civic
Country flag
i'll just say it again if the 2.0 was available in the hatch and there was a tune at the time , i might have gotten the 2.0. i had the 2.0 MT in the 16 sedan for a year and it wasn't the engine i wanted to trade in.
What?

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
just what it sez. said same thing in other threads. i traded the sedan(2.0 6spd) for the hatch. i wanted a hatch. if the hatch would have been available with the 2.0 in it i may have chosen it over the 1.5. i like the 2.0 . with the numbers this tune is throwing down really makes it the same hp as the turbo, and really only a little short on the tq.
please don't come back with but the 1.5 with a tune. i don't need more hp with my 1.5 , just a better driving 1.5 .

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t have an exhaust yet....
But I do have a catless Downpipe
Aem intake and a custom tune ...

These are my numbers

8E339518-231D-4D54-BC36-264FA0F58A48.jpeg

Rv6p downpipe made the biggest difference

Those are some good numbers. Thanks for sharing them and the mods you did to get them. I like it a lot.
Sponsored