How well does the CTR hold on cross country or does anyone even tried??!!

DinaNuctornal

First Name
Dina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport hatchback MT
I am planning to taking my 2018 CTR on a cross country trip, but I’m not sure how it will hold up as it is still stock.
Sponsored

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Just pray you don't get a blowout - if I was taking a long trip like that, I'd either not care about my schedule (like if I lose a couple of days due to a tire, no big deal) or I'd get a spare.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
I am planning to taking my 2018 CTR on a cross country trip, but I’m not sure how it will hold up as it is still stock.
you mean hold up mechanically? Well, it's a Honda, and that's something that would not even concern me. I would think this car could make several hundred cross country trips w/o any mechanical issues.

I would think that it would be more reliable in stock form, actually. As far as flats/blowouts, that's a common issue to recent cars that have performance tires and don't have spares. We have a Mini Cooper JCW, a Z06, and now a CTR in this situation. Most likely, a tire store does not stock the tires we run on our cars, so it's AAA to a tire store for a patch and if that won't work, order a new tire....

Now what WOULD bother me about a cross country trip is the horrible condition of our roads and interstates, and putting a serious dent or wobble in one of these 20" wheels that run on a rubber band size tire thickness. Around my city, I know pretty much now where all the potholes and bad pavement is so I know when to "jig" to dodge them. But going cross country is another story....

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I didn't have any problems with interstate road conditions. I had a problem with a pothole in downtown Denver.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
I didn't have any problems with interstate road conditions. I had a problem with a pothole in downtown Denver.
HA! easy for you to say.....you live where it never snows :) I love getting our bikes out west because the interstates and state highways are so much better than here in the midwest.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
HA! easy for you to say.....you live where it never snows :) I love getting our bikes out west because the interstates and state highways are so much better than here in the midwest.
That's the thing. I drove back from Cleveland. Took the OH turnpike and all. Roads were pretty good, maybe a little rough in IL on the I-80 but no potholes.

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
Drove about 1000 miles from the dealership home only stopping for lunch and gas absolutely flying most the way and the car did well. Seats were pretty comfortable too.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I moved here to Columbus one year ago from the NYC Metro area, let me tell you the roads here in Columbus are absolutely beautiful compared to NYC Metro area roads, like night and day comparison . I own 2 motorcycles as well, absolute joy driving and riding here compared to back home.

2018ST

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R, 2017 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Drove from Spokane to Denver and back without any trouble at all.
32mpg was great too!!!

CTRFK8

First Name
Sauce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Im sick of driving after 4 hours but you guys:eek:.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's the thing. I drove back from Cleveland. Took the OH turnpike and all. Roads were pretty good, maybe a little rough in IL on the I-80 but no potholes.
Ah, yes the turnpike is def the exception in these parts. Since you pay to use it, they keep it up pretty well..

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I drove mine home from Alamogordo, NM to San Francisco the day I took delivery...best drive of my life, and the car was totally broken in after the 1300 mile drive home. You'll love it!

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just drove 10.5 hours in one day home from Louisville, KY. The car did fine, I got 34 MPG which really impressed me. My biggest problem with it for long trips is the seats, due to the bolstering keeping you in one position, aren't great after the first couple hours. My only other minor issue with the car as a road trip car, is the drone of the engine when climbing mountains is quite loud (especially at 65-75 MPH in sixth gear with -2 to 0 manifold pressure). Downshifting gets rid of the drone, but your fuel consumption goes way up. It doesn't bother me too much, but if you get on a rough road (the tire noise can get really bad on rough roads at high speeds) that is a steep climb, it can get tiresome really fast.
Sponsored