How to stop inside air circulation automatically turned on when AC is turned on

1. OP
    dienosong

dienosong Member

Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L with Honda Sensing
    Thank you Shank! That's what I wanted to do. But the thing is Civic automatically turn on the recirc when I turn on the AC (not even auto AC). That was my original question. Is there a setting that I can change it not to be turned on automatically when I turn on AC in Civic 2017? Thank you!

2. OP
    dienosong

dienosong Member

Car(s):
    Yes exactly. It just got automatically turned on every time I turn on AC, even when the outside is cool :( Did I get a defective car? :(

That's not nice of those mice! They should be banned! lol I'm sorry to hear that. I did check my filter and it looks good and doesn't smell bad.

calonzo thanked this.
  3. OP
    dienosong

dienosong Member

Car(s):
    I wonder also, because I don't remember seeing wet floor after I drive away from a parking spot... How do I check that? Do I need to go to a dealer?

4. Shankmeyster

Shankmeyster Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
    It was set that way on my '16 stang too. If I had the AC on when I started the car it would auotmatically turn on recirc. The stupidest feature I have ever seen. You may be able to get the service department to turn it off in the ECU. I'm not sure though. You'd have to ask.

dienosong thanked this.
  5. calonzo

calonzo Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid
    I hope you ask you dealer about it turning on every time you turn on the AC and let us know what they say.

dienosong thanked this.
  6. Sswales

Sswales New Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Car(s):
    2017 civic sedan
    Using recirculation is a bad idea. I'd like to permanently disable recirc mode in my 2017 civic. Imagine how much moisture you breath out in a single breath to clean your glasses then imagine 4 guys in your car during an hours drive.

If you leave recirc on you get continual windows fogging up and smells. Leave it off and you never have a problem.

Ocelot thanked this.
  7. daPyr0x

daPyr0x Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 EX-T
    If this is your experience I think something might be wrong with your car...

Recirc is only enabled by the Auto function of the car if the air conditioner is running. Air conditioners also act as dehumidifiers by nature, so as the air is recirculated it would be pulling any moisture, including that of your breath, out of the air.

In many cars, Recirc is enabled or suggested as "Max AC" and when the vehicle is set to the defogger option for these reasons, even if in the winter when air is already cold. This dries out the air prior to being blown on the windshield so the air pulls moisture off the inside of the windshield.

8. SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS Senior Member

First Name:
    Geoff
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
    The #1 reason to use RECIRC is to not pull in other car's exhaust fumes when driving on busy roads, or when stuck behind a diesel truck.

Personally, I tend to leave RECIRC "ON" all the time, and the air in the car is much more pleasant.
    (Helps if you take an occasional shower, and lay off the Burritos !!) :eek: