How to remove trunk floor?

RType

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Trying to install my spare kit and having trouble with the trunk floor. I managed to get the screws under the two anchors, however, the floor still seems attached. My guess is that it’s held by clips that I need to just yank out, but wanted to make sure first. Thanks!
Sponsored

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Trying to install my spare kit and having trouble with the trunk floor. I managed to get the screws under the two anchors, however, the floor still seems attached. My guess is that it’s held by clips that I need to just yank out, but wanted to make sure first. Thanks!
The two plastic covers where the two little shiny things that look like pull rings are actually covers for screws. you gotta use a small flat screw driver and sorta pop them up. then there is a screw under there. pop them up from the edge of the indention not the edge of the plastic piece if that makes sense. I use to have a pic Ill try to find it. edit: I cant find the pics grrr. but the whole peace does not come up dont try to pry the whole pece up. the indention part is like a little clam shell lid you have to pop that part up and then the screw is under it.

Last edited:

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
RType, look at your new cargo floor cover. You will see two plastic push pins installed on it. The old floor has the same two pins. Just pull up at those two points & they should pop on out. Then just press the new ones in.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen How to remove trunk floor? 1A52D976-C6EE-4707-B009-1861C4D1374C

now where’s my snickerdoodle cookies

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
There is a foam insert with tire inflation pump and a tow hook. There is a side panel with a funnel . But that's it. No jack no nothing.
I have all of those parts in my 2019 CTR plus in the side panel, I also had scissor jack handle & tow hook in a pouch. Don't ask me why that I had the handle in there.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I have all of those parts in my 2019 CTR plus in the side panel, I also had scissor jack handle & tow hook in a pouch. Don't ask me why that I had the handle in there.
Yeah you are correct, the tow hook is with a handle in a pouch in side panel. But no jack just its handle. I had same.
Sponsored