How to remove the chrome window pieces to paint?

460cidpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, '19 Si coupe, '17 F-150
Country flag
I want to permanently black out the chrome on my '19 Tonic Yellow Si coupe. How do you remove the chrome parts around the windows so they can be painted?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I want to permanently black out the chrome on my '19 Tonic Yellow Si coupe. How do you remove the chrome parts around the windows so they can be painted?
Unless the coupe is different from the sedans and hatchbacks, it is held in by adhesive. Youll destroy them when you remove them. I believe college hills Honda has a video up

OP
OP
460cidpower

460cidpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Found it:

Thanks!

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
They sell black ones? I always thought you just masked off the area around them and painted them while they were on the car using plastidip or something.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They sell black ones? I always thought you just masked off the area around them and painted them while they were on the car using plastidip or something.
I'm thinking they only sell black ones for the sport hatch which come with them to begin with.
Anyone who is able to take them off, paint them, reapply adhesive and put them back on, without creasing them, is a genius!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
vinyl wrap them

domicubarican

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
That video is for the 4-doors. The rear quarter glass chrome for the coupes are different. From what I've read on here, you would have to remove the glass as it all comes in one piece. Best bet is to have them wrapped.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
save yourself time and money and get kooltint`s chrome delete kit on ebay. vinyl wrap thats super easy to install and only costs $50

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
save yourself time and money and get kooltint`s chrome delete kit on ebay. vinyl wrap thats super easy to install and only costs $50
Do you have a link? I’m about to order a kit from eBay but would prefer a reputable seller.

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you heard of the mugen style visors for the coupe? Ebay sells some. they cover over all the chrome trim on the coupe I picked up a set from racing bees I will be putting them on Monday after i get my tint. Can post a pic.

OP
OP
460cidpower

460cidpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you heard of the mugen style visors for the coupe? Ebay sells some. they cover over all the chrome trim on the coupe I picked up a set from racing bees I will be putting them on Monday after i get my tint. Can post a pic.
I had not heard! Pictures would be great! Thanks!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Zatannaz

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do not remove them... it will ruin them. My dealership replaced my matte black door pillars with glossy ones I got from Honda Japan on my touring sedan and they had to remove the chrome door trim to do it and ruined them and then had to replace them at their own cost - and then had to replace my mirrors cuz they ruined them sanding down all the adhesive etc...... cost them a pretty penny as I have Honda sensing etc..... I felt kinda bad for them. However a piece of fiberglass had jumped up off the interstate and scuffed my left mirror before that so I got a brand new mirrror again from it.......I had my chrome door trim wrapped black after that. Btw the black door trim that comes on the hatchback sport I was told by the dealership will not work on sedan or coupe just FYI.
Sponsored

Last edited: