How to manually open/unlock a 10th gen Civic Capless Fuel Door (Freezing,Lock Failure)

Carplaymodder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Making this thread because there is a lot of misinformation on how to manually enter a 10th gen fuel door on this website. I know this because I was searching the site this morning at 2:00AM while in my car at a gas station in the middle of nowhere. The fuel door on my 2019 Civic Sport decided it wasn't going to open due to the flash freeze we had. After troubleshooting and researching, my conclusion was the actuator for the fuel door lock decided it didn't want to work.

Here's how I got fuel in my car and got home.

What you'll need:

- A Plastic Card

How to manually bypass the lock.

Slide the card into the right side of the fuel door. Move card to this location.

Honda Civic 10th gen How to manually open/unlock a 10th gen Civic Capless Fuel Door (Freezing,Lock Failure) PanelLockLocatio

Slide card in an out till you hit the locking mechanism.

Honda Civic 10th gen How to manually open/unlock a 10th gen Civic Capless Fuel Door (Freezing,Lock Failure) InsideFuelDoor.JPG

After I got the door unlocked, I cycled the locking mechanism a few times and it starting working like normal again.

Last edited: