How To Detail Engine Bay?

HighCitrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hey Guys, I'm just wondering if anyone here have detailed their engine bay. I tried searching the forum but had no luck finding an answer for my question. My question is, what parts of the engine bay do I cover? On the photo shown, can you point out what you have covered or what I have to cover? Thanks in advance!
Honda Civic 10th gen How To Detail Engine Bay? 6W3c2lBCpSg-IauvSjV7qkXIjtujBo23lrP6AmCDKeWeZHl1S3lqZO42BJDv52E5P3U4zhIpIW1-zPY0X6g=w752-h564-no
Sponsored

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I go the simple route, because it's a turbo, I wait a few hours until the engine has cooled to "warm", spray everything down with a mild degreaser, let it sit for a few min (10 or so) sprinkle with a low pressure regular hose, then agitate everything with a Montana brush ( soft boars hair) then rinse with low-pressure water. Dry with a leaf blower until fairly dry (no visible water), then I hit all the shine able stuff with some The Last Coat and finish up with soft microfiber cloths. Seems to work well & looks good.

OP
OP

HighCitrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I go the simple route, because it's a turbo, I wait a few hours until the engine has cooled to "warm", spray everything down with a mild degreaser, let it sit for a few min (10 or so) sprinkle with a low pressure regular hose, then agitate everything with a Montana brush ( soft boars hair) then rinse with low-pressure water. Dry with a leaf blower until fairly dry (no visible water), then I hit all the shine able stuff with some The Last Coat and finish up with soft microfiber cloths. Seems to work well & looks good.
What parts did you cover?

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag

Rusoman

First Name
Jairus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE
Country flag
First, standing in the front of the car, spray some degreaser on every surface you see including the heat shield(foam), then stand at the front of the wheel then spray some more on areas you didn't see before, do the same on the opposite side, and spray some more. After a minute or two rinse it by standing in front, left and right side of engine bay, and then dry it with air gun and microfiber cloth, make sure to blow air on areas where water could get trapped. No need to cover anything as long as you don't spray too much on intake.
Sponsored