WhitePearl

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Hate that this is my first post here, but I just gotta vent... Sorry if this isn't quite the right forum for this.

Brought my 4 month old EX back to dealer's body shop to get the front bumper re-seated (passenger side had popped a clip and so the joint wasn't sitting flush with the fender). They took care of that, but then when I got home I noticed that the edge of the fender that sits right along side the headlight was missing some paint. Since I had emailed the dealership pics of the bumper issue I had great "before" pictures to show them what they did.

They're going to pop the headlight, sand down the damage, repaint, and re-clearcoat. I'll get a loaner from them for the 2-3 days they'll need to have it. Sounds like they're going to do it the "right" way, but the more I think about my 4 month old car needing new paint, I get pretty pissed off. :banghead: Someone, please just tell me this is going to be alright, it's got me pretty bummed out! :(

Honda Civic 10th gen How pissed should I be? after-IMG_20190820_180839245_HDR-crop2
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Hate that this is my first post here, but I just gotta vent... Sorry if this isn't quite the right forum for this.

Brought my 4 month old EX back to dealer's body shop to get the front bumper re-seated (passenger side had popped a clip and so the joint wasn't sitting flush with the fender). They took care of that, but then when I got home I noticed that the edge of the fender that sits right along side the headlight was missing some paint. Since I had emailed the dealership pics of the bumper issue I had great "before" pictures to show them what they did.

They're going to pop the headlight, sand down the damage, repaint, and re-clearcoat. I'll get a loaner from them for the 2-3 days they'll need to have it. Sounds like they're going to do it the "right" way, but the more I think about my 4 month old car needing new paint, I get pretty pissed off. :banghead: Someone, please just tell me this is going to be alright, it's got me pretty bummed out! :(

after-IMG_20190820_180839245_HDR-crop2.jpg
I feel your pain -- and maybe your doubt that the Dealer will, or is able to make it "as good as new".

GOOD MOVE in taking the before pictures ...

I just hope they have a decent paint shop, and do not leave it to the "Mobile Guy" that comes around once a week, to clean up "Road Rash" in Used Cars in their lot.

Yet another reason why I choose to not take my car back to the Dealer -- unless it is some very major item that I cannot do myself, and will be covered by warranty.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag

after-IMG_20190820_180839245_HDR-crop2.jpg
Right way would’ve them just putting some painters tape on those lights! Oh well it’ll be alright as long as it looks good :thumbsup:

OP
OP

WhitePearl

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the words of encouragement. It'll definitely be done in their paint shop, not some crappy touch-up guy, so I think it'll look fine.

I actually had an idea today, and I think this is going to work out in my favor... I've wanted to replace the stock "meep meep" horn with something a little bit louder. I stopped by their shop today and since they'll need to remove the front bumper to do the painting, they were cool with me providing a replacement horn and they'll take care of the install. That'll save me either the hassle of doing it myself (not something I was really looking forward to) or paying their shop to do it!

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe
Country flag
I feel your pain dude.. Took mine back to the dealer because I noticed the foglight cover was cracked... they busted like 3 clips in the bumper/grill, so now there are gaps and it just doesn't sit right.. they fucking put body filler in between the fender/bumper to try to keep it even.
Sponsored