soccer

First Name
Soccer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Hi,

Went to the dealership to buy an Si, he was trying to sell me an accord because he thought I am too old to buy an Si. What do you think, how old is too old to buy an Si?

Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
More profit in an Accord I’m sure. Supposedly they’ve had some trouble moving them. I think the Accords are a great option, but if you want a much more sporty Si, go for it!

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Driving an Si requires both arms and both legs. If they all still work comfortably, then your age shouldn't matter.

I had a friend that in his late twenties "got tired" of shifting. I on the other hand can't imagine not being fulling involved when driving a car. I think attitude is more important than age, and love clutching and rowing as I drive through my 60's.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m 40 and drive a WOP coupe and have no insecurity about driving it whatsoever. I’ve loved the little Honda’s since I was a teenager and still do...it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks.

Also, they are having trouble moving the accords. They have and are not selling well. Honda is being stubborn w the incentives.

babinjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
I am 41 and drive a Lunar silver Si. I never owned a Civic before this one. I was always a American muscle car fan. However, as an engineer I really was intrigued by the amount of engineering put into the Si. Also the value to performance ratio of this Civic cannot be matched. It has been really different to own a car that feels special every time I get in to drive. So glad I purchased this car.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a friend that in his late twenties "got tired" of shifting. I on the other hand can't imagine not being fulling involved when driving a car. I think attitude is more important than age, and love clutching and rowing as I drive through my 60's.
This, I thought to myself the day may come where I can’t shift (have arthritis in right hand already) and said I’m gonna do it till I can’t as just never know. And manuals are on their way out...

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I am close to 60 and I drive a 2018 SI Coupe. My previous car was a MB CLK350 and IMO, it was a good looking mature coupe. My initial choice was a C Coupe (another looker) and I was indecisive until I tried the 6MT.

I wished the coupe would not come with the high spoiler and HDMI exhaust. After a few months of ownership, I am now used to them.

Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
The Si breaks all convention. It's exclusively a six-speed manual at a time when they are less and less available even as an option. It doesn't take over and do things like brake for you by radar or keep you in your lane when that's the new safety standard being adopted. It's a small car in an SUV world. And in a world where cars take you from A to B like portable living rooms, this car dares to have you take it, and fully expects that you will take the least logical route, simply because it's shaped like an S instead of an I.

So in a car that breaks all of those stodgy rules, why would anyone saddle upon it some equally stodgy rule of arbitrary age? I would argue that it's not a "young person's car". It's a driver's car. And the only question is this: Are you a driver? Whether you're 18 or 81 - if this is how your spirit rolls, then this is your car. Period.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I'm 46 and I love my Si coupe. I drove a '07 Pilot for 10+ years so this was a welcome change. It's a driver's car, as in it doesn't have those silly flappy-paddle shifters that scream "I want people to think I have a manual but not really". I'm about to be divorced, have no kids, so what the heck do I need an SUV for? I'll drive this one for 10+ years or until my needs for a different kind/type of vehicle change... whichever occurs first.

MIKROMO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan, 2017 Subaru Forester
Country flag
I'm 67 years old and bought a bright red SI sedan, and I love it! I traded in my 2006 Acura TL, and as much as I loved that car, I like the SI better. I wanted an economical, fun to drive car for my dotage, and I think I've made the right choice. That being said, when I 1st got it the wife say's "that's way too flamboyant for a man your age" but I disagree, and truth be told (I got it in April) it's grown on her, and she now thinks it's beautiful!