saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Heyyyyy, 3rd gen prelude, I already like you good sir. I firmly believe that was one of honda’s Better looking cars. For any of you born pre 2000 and never seen a 3rd gen prelude, google it.
When the 3rd gen prelude came out I in to mustangs when I saw the prelude i wanted it but I was 19 and had a crappie job so I stuck with my 1980 mustang. What blew my mind with the 3rd gen prelude was the four wheel steer. At the time
Sponsored

kevind1985

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sonic grey type r , 1986 k10
Country flag
33 coming from Subaru's, had a 04 wrx,06 sti.07 sti and 01 2.5 rs with a full 04 sti swap.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just turned 60 last month. I bought an EXT coupe because wanted turbo and sun roof. I thought it looked sportier than the sedan and I didn't need 4 doors. And, this is the best looking Civic since 2000. Since I'll never be able to afford a real sports or muscle car, this was the best choice. Plus, I been driving Civics since 1985.

Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
Interesting topic, so i thought i chip in as well. Age is not much of a factor, it is the hearth, body and desire to drive a sportier car. There are 70 years old that can drive better than some 20 years old, especially if they didn't even work for their car. Few years back, after a break riding motorcycles, thought would be to old to get back in the saddle, After reading about 74 years old still riding, realized i have a fair amount of time ahead of me, as long as i can physically handle the bike. Driving a car should be less demanding. As long as you can get in and out of the eggshell like diving seat,(without help!!) eye sight and reflexes are still there, see no reason why you shouldn't enjoy a great toy such as the Civic Si. And yes, just turned 60.
JMHO.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Let's just say my pre-teen and teenage years was in the 80's. My first car was in 1984, and my first gf was 86. So I am definitely older than you, but this is my first Honda, I come from 25 years of Toyota ownership
What made you switch from Toyota to Honda?

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
41 and on my 10th Honda. Love this Si but not quite the same feel as the ones before. I’m finding I’m still driving it like I drove my integra at 16 and it may be time to move on to a grown up car. I fear tickets are coming and likely a tree off the side of a curve. Someone once told me, only the body grows older.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
41 and on my 10th Honda. Love this Si but not quite the same feel as the ones before. I’m finding I’m still driving it like I drove my integra at 16 and it may be time to move on to a grown up car. I fear tickets are coming and likely a tree off the side of a curve. Someone once told me, only the body grows older.
I'd have to say for sheer fun, my Integra was my favorite car. That thing was so tossable and simply screamed to that very high redline.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
40 years old been driving since i was 13 when i first drove my older bros 89 stang GT manual. I was only 14 going to my first street racing scene deep in Homestead Florida. I was hanging out with some Jamaican guys that were older then me and drove first gen RX-7’s. Since I already knew how to drive manual they let me race a few times in their cars.
Times were crazy back then i had a level of maturity and they had respect for me. My mom would wonder where the hell I was those nights lol.

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
47! Diehard Honda guy since learning to drive at 15. Moving back to a 2019 Civic Hatch sport touring on Tuesday for my 17 year old. Had a full HPD 2013 CRZ.....

TSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
21 with little experience driving a manual and boy now that I’ve gotten use to it, everything feels much more relaxed, it’s basically second nature now, car is everything I’ve hoped, for a daily.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
What made you switch from Toyota to Honda?
I actually still have my Toyotas, so you can say that I added Honda to the family. Last summer my daughter started college and needed a car, I gave her my 2006 Camry SE (it has the 3.3L V6) and was in the market for either a used Lexus IS 350 or a 2018 Camry SE. Long story short, the cheapest IS 350 I could find was a 2014 for $30K, I didn't want to spend that much, a Honda Sport caught my eye, research led me to the Si, It was about $2500 cheaper than the Camry and it had MT!

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are y’all ToyotasCivic2.JPG

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm 43. I was a reefer head, became a teacher but progressed to hard drugs and became a junkie. I lost everything and was living in my '02 Civic LX. By the grace of God I cleaned up in 2012 and take my recovery very seriously. I've slowly put my life back together and still feel like my life is just beginning. Every time I drive my new Si I'm reminded of where I came from. It also helps to keep me humble.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I'm 43. I was a reefer head, became a teacher but progressed to hard drugs and became a junkie. I lost everything and was living in my '02 Civic LX. By the grace of God I cleaned up in 2012 and take my recovery very seriously. I've slowly put my life back together and still feel like my life is just beginning. Every time I drive my new Si I'm reminded of where I came from. It also helps to keep me humble.
Off topic, but I am glad you found God and you were able to be guided to a better way of living. I grew up in LA and went to one of the supposably best magnet schools in Los Angeles (LACES), and drug use and promiscuity was rapant, especially among the rich kids. When I married and had children, I made the decision not to put them thru Public school, did a combo of homeschooling and private school for my daughter and private schools for my son. My daughter ended up in college 2 years earlier than her friends and peers and next year my son will be going to college 2 years early as well. Both kids are fully socialized, my daughter is in her second year of college and fully adjusted

Ok, back to topic!

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get a wheel and pedal set and do some iracing. It will improve your reflexes no matter how old you are.