OP
OP

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
38 years young here! Came to the SI from a Lexus IS300. So glad I made the switch!
What a coincidence, I left an is300 for the civic si also. The is300 wasn’t exactly what I always imagined it to be, but I do miss rwd driving compared to fwd again

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wife and I are in our very early 30's and we both have 10th Gen Si's.

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wife and I are 28. I'm in an Si and she's in a hatch.

Funny, neither of us were really car people .I drove an 04 Corolla from 18 until last year. When I was finally in a career and ready to take on a car payment, something about the new Civic platform struck me. Im now having the time of my life learning more about cars & modifying the Si to my liking.

Learning to drive a manual has also been a blast.

czr311

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 BMW M3 2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Sold my E92 M3 to buy a house, wanted to buy a civic so the enthusiast in me told myself at least make it an SI since the Type-R had a ridiculous mark up...I’m 37 btw

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Country flag
36, the si has been the best choice for my daily driver. I use this car for work and put about 500 miles a week. Great mpg, fun to drive, and pretty low operating cost.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I'm 35 and I always thought people would look at me funny for owning an Si at this age but I see it's actually pretty common on here. I'll be 40 when I'm done paying for it if I just keep paying the minimum. :(

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I'm 35 and I always thought people would look at me funny for owning an Si at this age but I see it's actually pretty common on here. I'll be 40 when I'm done paying for it if I just keep paying the minimum. :(
Is this an American thing about age and car choice? I keep hearing this ageism stigma with cars amongst Americans. Pretty weird. Just never get that sense in Canada. Anything goes up here, from what I’ve noticed.
BTW you are still a young man. I’m only a few years older

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Is this an American thing about age and car choice? I keep hearing this ageism stigma with cars amongst Americans. Pretty weird. Just never get that sense in Canada. Anything goes up here, from what I’ve noticed.
BTW you are still a young man. I’m only a few years older
Not sure if it's only an American but it sure is a thing in America. Funny thing though, if I had bought a brand new mustang, no one would make a fuss. I guess it's just imports that get that stigma.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Next month I’ll be turning 51 I’ve be into cars since I was a little kid mostly American and European cars the Japanese cars that got my attention were the Datsun z cars , Mazda rx7 and Toyota Supra and the 3rd gen Honda prelude. As I get older I always say where did my 20s,30, now 40s go

OP
OP

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Next month I’ll be turning 51 I’ve be into cars since I was a little kid mostly American and European cars the Japanese cars that got my attention were the Datsun z cars , Mazda rx7 and Toyota Supra and the 3rd gen Honda prelude. As I get older I always say where did my 20s,30, now 40s go
Heyyyyy, 3rd gen prelude, I already like you good sir. I firmly believe that was one of honda’s Better looking cars. For any of you born pre 2000 and never seen a 3rd gen prelude, google it.

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
My God, you people are old. I'm 60........... And thought I was one of the older farts on here. Silly me. :p:respect:

My first car was a Ford Pinto Station Wagon, One of the ones that didn't blow up. My son's first car was a Civic LX that was decorated to look fast. He lost that car after being rear ended TWICE by people on cell phones.

Stay safe, everyone!
Sponsored