Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I fall into the 37%.

For me, I absolutely loved the EK9 Type R. So one of my first cars after getting my license, was a civic hatch and big plans.
I had planned to paint it CW, 5 lug conversion, engine swap to a B16b or even a B16a2...

So I had bought a 1996 Honda Civic CX.
Purple, didn't matter, was going to paint it.
No A/C, who needs it?
No power steering, the new engine would come with it! Same with the cable clutch :)
No power doorlocks
No power windows
Not even a rear wiper

I started the "build". CTR lip, CTR spoiler, picked up some rims, put on some sport springs, intake. Then came to the quick realization, as a teenager who didn't have mommy or daddy paying for anything, I had to keep deferring my plans to due to lack of funds. And in the end, I drove a purple civic, with no A/C, no power steering, 100 some-odd HP at the crank... for many years. Were they enjoyable though? Hell yeah. It's true what they say, driving a slow car fast, can be more fun than driving a really fast car slow.

My next car was to be an Audi S7, or maybe even an RS7 if I could find a great deal as in recent years, I had moved onto bigger more comfortable luxury sedans. Then the CTR's became available... In my mind, I've just completed that Championship White build that I started so many years ago :nixon:

Thanks for reading

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? mycar3.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? dsc00076.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? IMG_4912 (2)

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I fall into the 37%.

For me, I absolutely loved the EK9 Type R. So one of my first cars after getting my license, was a civic hatch and big plans.
I had planned to paint it CW, 5 lug conversion, engine swap to a B16b or even a B16a2...

So I had bought a 1996 Honda Civic CX.
Purple, didn't matter, was going to paint it.
No A/C, who needs it?
No power steering, the new engine would come with it! Same with the cable clutch :)
No power doorlocks
No power windows
Not even a rear wiper

I started the "build". CTR lip, CTR spoiler, picked up some rims, put on some sport springs, intake. Then came to the quick realization, as a teenager who didn't have mommy or daddy paying for anything, I had to keep deferring my plans to due to lack of funds. And in the end, I drove a purple civic, with no A/C, no power steering, 100 some-odd HP at the crank... for many years. Were they enjoyable though? Hell yeah. It's true what they say, driving a slow car fast, can be more fun than driving a really fast car slow.

My next car was to be an Audi S7, or maybe even an RS7 if I could find a great deal as in recent years, I had moved onto bigger more comfortable luxury sedans. Then the CTR's became available... In my mind, I've just completed that Championship White build that I started so many years ago :nixon:

Thanks for reading

mycar3.JPG

dsc00076.JPG

IMG_4912 (2).jpg
Funny you should say 96 Cx, I just finished my latest updates to my H2b

Made some changes to the engine, gutted it, and added drag suspension

Took it to the truck scales last night and weighed in at 2260 lbs, with 3/4 tank of e85.

Should be close to breaking into the 11’s/110 mph with this setup.

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? 0234AD33-F409-4AF5-A918-0B717B72C5EE

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? 83F8AD00-09B0-421A-AF85-3CD1B3C03C31

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? E072440E-C5A5-445A-B42D-7065DD41D9EE

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? CB3D8677-6146-46A8-BDEA-B384103FD3AB

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? FD038EC1-A515-4A16-B463-6C438B73B953

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That gauge cluster! :beer:

Mine didn't even have a tach! :p
I replaced it with a gauge cluster from an automatic civic, that had a tach, but showed the auto gears... :p

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
That gauge cluster! :beer:

Mine didn't even have a tach! :p
I replaced it with a gauge cluster from an automatic civic, that had a tach, but showed the auto gears... :p
I got stupidly lucky to get that cluster (25k on the dial too).

I bought a shell to do a K swap and it was in the shell, decided against the K swap in that shell and put the shell back to stock with a single cam in it to flip for some parts money.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I particularly like the zip-ties holding the front bumper on. Hopefully it doesn't fly off as you hit sub 11's!

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I particularly like the zip-ties holding the front bumper on. Hopefully it doesn't fly off as you hit sub 11's!
The little tabs were all broken by a previous owner, the bolts across the radiator support are still there though.

Since it's a drag car, I just do what needs to be done to go down the track. I haven't had a problem with the zip ties with the previous power level.

I figure the zip ties give it a bit of character too.

movovr

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

Started with a civic si, another si, ridgeline, wrx, wrx sti, pilot, and the type r.

Seems like every third car is a wtf.

Love the type r thus far. Great car.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
32. Married w/ a toddler. This is my fun car. Never had a Honda before and wasn't sure if I wanted the type R. One day, I randomly found a dealer 10 minutes from me has one in stock. They gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, and now I'm a happy owner of the type R.

dpietrasanta

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R '18, Mazdaspeed3 '08, Mazda 6 '14
47 / Married 2 kids college and Elementary. Just got it 2 weeks ago Polished Metal, I am really glad i pulled the trigger

lac__

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R PMM | R-14704
Country flag
32. Married w/ a toddler. This is my fun car. Never had a Honda before and wasn't sure if I wanted the type R. One day, I randomly found a dealer 10 minutes from me has one in stock. They gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, and now I'm a happy owner of the type R.
Can I ask what that offer was?

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I'll be 33 when I get mine! (and if it plays out like I hope, it'll be around my birthday!)

jdmbaganha

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #2118
Was 20 when I got mine. Nov 2017. Best day of my life lol

Honda Civic 10th gen How old are all you CTR owners? IMG_5271.JPG
Sponsored